1/72 Tamiya FW-190 D-9 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jayl

Senior Airman
May 29, 2009
My first post here although I have been a long time lurker. This was a pretty simple oob build except for the camo mottling which was my first attempt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. Airframes, thanks for the heads up on the prop. Looks like I may be painting over the chips. :oops:

I agree with Airframes.The model looks great.The camo scheme is really well done. But there is something wrong with the windshield, cockpit conopy and main landing gear. But it might be my eyesight problem.

Last edited:
Yep! I thought something looked a bit strange! The screen's either upside down, or the wrong shape, as it's too tall and angular. Canopy is probably not fully seated, and the landing gear is a bit vertical in both rake and camber.

I think the windshield is glued on upside down...apart from that, very nice work mate - especially the camo work!

Yep! I thought something looked a bit strange! The screen's either upside down, or the wrong shape, as it's too tall and angular. Canopy is probably not fully seated, and the landing gear is a bit vertical in both rake and camber.

I think you are right Terry..Concerning the conopy hood it is settled too deep..I'm afraid.The slided part of the cockpit conopy should have been moved back on edges of the cockpit boardsides.But here it is almost at the level of the fuselage stiffeners.

Ok, you guy's were correct, thanks for pointing it out. :oops: It's now attached correctly. Now I'll have to take new pics. :)

No problem . Glad we helped a little bit.

Looking familiar?

Attachments

• Fw190D9 JV44 red1.jpg
    Fw190D9 JV44 red1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 146
No problem . Glad we helped a little bit.

Looking familiar?

Yep, thanks for posting it. I haven't seen that pic before. Here's one with a little history.

Attachments

• FW-190 D-9.jpg
    FW-190 D-9.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 223
Yep, thanks for posting it. I haven't seen that pic before. Here's one with a little history.

Yep.. Check out Lesofprimus' thread about his model of the kite.You will find it in Group Build section in The IIIrd Reich Defence sub-section.Also I would like to encourage you to joining the GB project.Undobtedly you are very skilled judging by your models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back