1/72 Westland Whirlwind MK.I - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If your wanting some detail cockpit pictures or a cutaway drawing or plans of the little fellow Jelmer, I've just come across a small book full of details on it. PM me your email address and I'll get scanning.

If your wanting some detail cockpit pictures or a cutaway drawing or plans of the little fellow Jelmer, I've just come across a small book full of details on it. PM me your email address and I'll get scanning.

Thanks for the offer Vic! However I already have a good bunch of books containing some excellent cutaway drawings and plans as well as some truly amazing photographic reference material, so I wouldn't be surprised if I already had the book you're talking about. This is what I've gathered sofar.
1. +4 Publications: Westland Whirlwind
2. Warpaint Series #54: Westland Whirwind
3. Kookaburra Technical Publications: Westland Whirwind Described

Me too...but I so don't have the money to pay for one of these Classic Airframes kit...if at all found ;)

I have built the 1/72 not sure if it was this kit but I do have the CA 1/48 in the stash :) Some nice goodies in this kit Jelmer.

What glue are you using for the PE bits.I have found that Gator glue works real well while doing some ships.

Last edited:
Next to this new Special Hobby series of Whirly kits there's also the ancient airfix kit, so it could have been that one too Javlin. You are one lucky b*stard to have that CA kit.

I used CA applied with a needle tip. I do have Gators glue but I tend to use it for clearparts mostly. I've found it sets up somewhat slow compared to CA so it not that practical for these super small parts as you need to keep them in place for some time

Last edited:
While I find pro and con in both glues Jelmer the Gator glue gives the part elasticity if you know what I mean wereas with s/glue you hit it it's flying.I am still experimenting with the Gator myself for the most part a much better glue on PE on ships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back