10 things...ten minutes!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bobbysocks

Chief Master Sergeant
Feb 28, 2010
Pennsylvania
You HAVE to bail out...get out of Dodge within the next ten minutes...the world has gone to hell in a hand basket and now you think you better move to a different location. what 10 things are your going to grab any why? Its a survivalist type question....but i have known people who live this life style....am interested in what YOU would consider a top priority and why. I will give mine soon...late night..I am sure you understand. So tell us your 10 in 10.

Anne Hathaway
Demi Moore
Penelope Cruz
Lauren Graham
Sarah Alexander
Barry White CD
"Dirty Dancing" video
case of Pop-tarts
case of champagne

oh, and a flashlight.

:)

Anne Hathaway
Demi Moore
Penelope Cruz
Lauren Graham
Sarah Alexander
Barry White CD
"Dirty Dancing" video
case of Pop-tarts
case of champagne

oh, and a flashlight.

Your gonna have sex with all of those?

1) CAR-15 with 40rd P-Mag Trijicon 4X ACOG
2) Leatherman multitool
3) Backpack
4) Sun rechargeable flashlight
5) Rain Poncho
6) Iodine tablets
7) Metalized emergency blanket
8) Hat
9) Extra pair of glasses
10) Gold coins

Anne Hathaway
Demi Moore
Penelope Cruz
Lauren Graham
Sarah Alexander
Barry White CD
"Dirty Dancing" video
case of Pop-tarts
case of champagne

oh, and a flashlight.

What, no Olivia Wilde?

1. guns and ammunition
2. camping gear (its all in one spot in the attic, so I figured one entry would cover tent/backpack/sleepingbag/water purifier)
3. knives (leatherman is always on my belt)
4. rope
5. MRE's
6. water
7. flashlight
8. glasses/spare contacts
9. wife
10. kid

Guns/ammo and camping gear: CAR-15, winchester mod 70 w/scope, 2-bbl sawed off 12-gauge, 12-gauge pump, .22 lever action/scope, desert eagle .44, colt python .357; my Yarborough knife
now I can go "shopping" for the other necessities of life

Assuming family is a given........

Tent
Magnesium Stick (starting campfires)
Camping supplies (stove, pot, sleeping bags, etc)
Multitool
hatchet
Water (as much as I can carry)
.22 with ammo (hunting rabbit, squirrel, birds)
30-30 with ammo (hunting deer, pig)
.45 with ammo (keeping nosey people away from me)
Wind up or solar powered flashlight

if i couldnt just grab my pack and bolt then...

1. fire starter. either a magnesium block or flint and steel
2. military poncho with liner
3. knife. probably my usaf survival knife
4. galil 223 ammo and clips.
5. shake/ wind up light
6. cook/ mess kit
7. hydration bladder with filter
8. pellet gun w/ ammo...for smaller critters
9. jungle hammock
10. thinking charlize theron here :lol:

Think I could manage with less than 10 items. Here is my list (all in a bag of course).

- iPhone + Charger (solar to power up torch as well)
- Tent
- Sleeping bag
- Torch
- Firelighting gear
- Good books
- Rifle of some description with ammo
- Cooking equipment
- Hydration system + filters etc
- A beautiful woman who happens to be around and will fit in a rucksack ;) (well doesn't have to)

Alder edit of NJaco's list is apt... :evil4:

- A beautiful woman who happens to be around and will fit in a rucksack ;) (well doesn't have to)

Never knew that about you, mate.

Attachments

• midget.jpg
    midget.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 263
:lol:

1. Those backpack thingies with the solar panel.
2. My Playstation Portable.
3. A laptop.
4. Comics.
5. and 6. Glock 18 and M4 w/ reflex sight, foregrip and IR strobe light in case there is 'unwanted' company.
7. A freaking large tent and a mosquito net.
8. Lotsa water.
9. Lotsa MREs.
10. Annnndddddddd a lovely flashlight.

I'll take the heat for cheating up front since I have gear bagged up in the back bedroom that has pretty much all I'd need (boots, clothes, rations, navigational gear, med kit, leatherman, chemsticks LED flashlights, etc.) packed in an old canvas seabag, so that's item #1

#2 - My S&W 39-2 sidearm w/shoulder holster is a must...(additional mags/ammo in the seabag)

#3 - The situation would dictate which automatic rifle I brought...if it's civil unrest/natural disaster, then I'll stick with my .30 Carbine (ammo/clips bandolered), but if it's a foreign entity (which would most likely sport warsaw pact weapons) then it's my 7.62x39 chambered AR...that way I can travel light and resupply as I go :evil4:

*if* it's really ugly out there, then I'd bring additional heat to the party in the form of my Remington 12 ga. Autoloader and a variety of rounds because asshats come in a wide range of stupid...this would be #4

#5 GMRS two-way with weather for communication with friends, info, etc. (cell service would most likely be down in a worst-case scenario)

#6 my bigass knife for those times when you just absolutely have to have a bigass knife...

And well, that's pretty much it. I'm not one to drag a ton of stuff with me, it'll just wear ya' out and you'd probably end up dumping alot of it along the way anyhow. Hope things never get to this point, honestly.

Also, a little tip for anyone who wants to know a good way to start a fire in about any condition: bring a couple wads of fine steel wool and a 9 volt battery. When you need to light a fire, take some steel wool and touch the 9 volt battery's terminals to it...have your tinder handy because stuff will be happening pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back