190D dive limits anyone know?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thedab

Airman 1st Class
Apr 21, 2013
norwich
trying to find 190D dive limits,so far all the hand books i had seen,have not had any flight limits in them,can any help us??

thanks Ian

Hello
I know this is an old thread, but came across this in my study the other day. While the speeds are not listed as dive speeds, they are listed as speeds not to be exceeded. It is from

Focke Wulf FW-190 and Ta-152 Described Part 2
by Anthony Shennan and Geoffrey Pentland.
Kookuburra Technical Publication, Dandenong Victoria Australia 1970

Attachments

• From Focke Wulf FW.doc
    916 KB · Views: 214
In the procedures for dive bombing in the Fw 190, the pilots were instructed to enter 60 deg dives when attacking heavily defended targets reaching speeds of over 1000km/h before bomb release and recovery.

In Raf tactical trials, the Raf test pilot took the Fw 190 to 934km/h in testing the AC's diving capabilities. The report commented that the AC was still remarkably responsive at such speeds and the controls remained relatively light.

In both accounts it is unlikely that the Pilots would be pushing their AC to breaking point. The operational use of dive bombing to over 1000km/h speeds makes no sense if the break up speed was 1050Km/h or so as the discernible difference between 1025km/h and 1060km/h lets say would not be noticeable as you were lining up a target and releasing your bomb.

Likewise a Raf test pilot would give up a long way before the AC felt dangerous and likely to break up due to unfamiliarity on the type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back