Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
Sitting hre and have some me time with my recently bought 1/72 Airfix Handley Page Hampden....
As I mentioned before, she was born the same year as my 1/72 Airfix Short Stirling, in '75..
Suddenly I get carried away down memorey lane as to speak....

What did we have in '75?
We didn't have internet, no real aftermarket stuff, books was, as it seems now, rather questionable in some places, when it comes to accuracy, when needed information, it was by phone or snailmail...

Oh well, think that I better put her back in the box... :lol:

Probably because they were small d*ckheads back then. Now they're just peed off with everybody else, letting us poor civilized people suffer, now that they've noticed that they've grown,l but not their d*cks!

Also, don't think that back then, that I'd have met so many cracking people, from all over the world, that if someone would ask me, I'd call them all, close and good friends...

Yep, the nice, clean and simple times of respect and (relative) stability - even more so at the original time of issue of those kits, about 10 years previously.

Yeah - especially bl**dy trucks and buses reversing !! I mean, if you can't see a bl**dy big truck moving backwards, you deserve to be flattened by it! Don't need that irritating 'beep ... beep...beep...beep' stuff.

First one I saw was the Weasel coming up out of the swamp, I think that this was his first for monogram, about '72 or '73, I have been chasing that Perfect Diorama Demon ever since!

Well as the song Memories states "we choose to forget" some memory and some research. In 1975:
Haldeman, Ehrlichman, Mitchell Mardian convicted of Watergate crime
4 mail truck assault on El Al B-747 in Paris, escape to Iraq
Margaret Thatcher elected leader of British Conserv Party
41 killed in London Underground, as train speeds past final stop
A major tube train crash at Moorgate station, London kills 43 people.
Vietcong conquer Ban me Thuot South Vietnam
A fire at the Browns Ferry Nuclear Power Plant in Decatur, Alabama causes dangerous lowering of cooling water levels.
James Rupers kills his family to inherit
USAF transport carrying orphans from Saigon crashes killing 155
Christian Falange kills 27 Palestinians, begins Lebanese civil war
West German embassy blown-up in Stockholm Sweden
Vietnam War: Operation Frequent Wind: The U.S. begins to evacuate US citizens from Saigon prior to an expected North Vietnamese takeover. U.S. involvement in the war comes to an end.
Last US helicopter leaves US embassy grounds, Saigon surrenders
Worst motor vehic1e disaster in UK; bus full of elderly women plunges Dibble's Bridge Yorkshire, killing 38
1st time snow fell in London in June
British population agrees to European Common Market membership
"Jaws" by Steven Spielberg opens
Cher divorces Sonny Bono; 4 days later marries Gregr Allman; 10 days later she divorces Gregg
Two FBI agents and a member of the American Indian Movement are killed in a shootout on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota
Assassination attempt on president Gerald Ford
Former Teamsters' president James Hoffa reported missing
Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme attempts to assassinate Ford in Sacramento
Sara Jane Moore tries to assassinate President Ford in SF Calif
The Spaghetti House siege, in which nine people were taken as hostages, takes place in London.
US decides John Lennon won't be deported due to UK pot conviction
Bill Clinton weds Hillary Rodham
Pres Ford escapes injury when his limousine is struck broadside
Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffer kills 1st victim
The Provisional IRA assassinates Ross McWhirter, after a press conference in which McWhirter announced a reward for the capture of those responsible for multiple bombings and shootings across England.
11 killed, 75 hurt by terrorist bomb at LaGuardia Airport in NYC
and don't forget Ted Bundy, serial killer, was actively capturing women, 4 or 5 that year alone

Last edited:
Omega and the original Speedmaster was around but the PloProf started hitting its mark in the 70s, what an amazing watch.

I'm glad I was able to receive the new version on my birthday :) this year, what an amazing watch the Omega PloProf is :D

DSCN4733.jpg

Can you guys tell I love watches? :D lol on a more modeling note, Did Otaki still exist in the 70s, I always loved their kits :) so simple yet that extra engine for you to detail makes it a grand slam in old kits for me :)

1975 wasnt better, just more familiar. I can say that, because i was there

3 good things about 1975

Judy Farrell held my hand and agreed to go to the Sherbet concert.

I made a working cannon complete with home made gunpowder and cannon balls

I was accepted into RAN officer training.

three bad things about 1975

Judy farrell finished up not going to the Sherbet concert.

The cannon exploded and nearly killed me

I was told on entry to the RAN i was unsuited to aircrew

It always seems like a better year if you weren't born then :D hehehe

Like I always thought about how cool it would of been to be a pilot in WW2, but then I took in all the factors and thought about how un-cool it would of been :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back