1st Warbird Model - Revell P-51D Mustang 1:48

Which decals to use on this P-51D Model Kit

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

nex

Recruit
Nov 28, 2012
Greetings All ! Went to the local craft store today and to my surprise they had a few WW2 model plane kits :p

I picked up the P 51D and put a Spitfire MK II away for a future purchase. I do not have an airbrush nor any paints but I want to start expanding my tools/supples and figured no better motivation than this.

I plan on showing off my work in progress, nothing really to show at the moment but I will update once there is. I plan on spending the next few days looking over the site for good information and tips and I want to take some time and do this kit right.

Now for the major issue, which decals do we use ?
Lt. Col. John D. Landers - " Big Beautiful Doll " or 1st Lt. E. Robt. Welch - " Miss Marilyn II "

I am doing research on both pilots now but I am just wondering if you folks have any preferences or thoughts on the subject.

Thanks again and I will be updating as progress is made ! Peace

Last edited:
Nex great place here tons of information and help just ask looking forward to your build.

BBB has been over done shes also not a BBB when it comes down to that nice checkerboard

If you really want something unique do one of the Pacific Long Range Mustangs, those Men don't get near as many models made of their aircraft as they should, amazing stuff

I agree with Igor, something from the Pacific. This is my favorite P-51 marking. The 45th FS. From the UBIsoft sight

45th fg.JPG

Geo

Yep, could have been no beer, and listen to Jan singing 'White Christmas', in Swettish, for 12 hours per day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back