1v1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Only of stupidity. And you have plenty to go around.
In fact i would like an emoji for this expert level.
One with a base ball hat worn backwards.
Ohh wait....

You are a troll. A bit of a sorry one but still.
Do make an efford. And make something suspensal.

1622832605084.png

Only of stupidity. And you have plenty to go around.
In fact i would like an emoji for this expert level.
One with a base ball hat worn backwards.
Ohh wait....

You are a troll. A bit of a sorry one but still.
Do make an efford. And make something suspensal.
i guess you ain't rockin with the 1v1 but at least my point is proven

My dear boy, as one of the early ones helping developing this game, you have no idea. Now be a good lad and wear your baseball hat the wrong side like you don't care.
I certainly do not. And make something suspensal. This is getting quite a bore putting down toddlers.

i guess you ain't rockin with the 1v1 but at least my point is proven
You cannot prove any point with a sim. I raced on most UK race circuits and was within 1 second of the class lap record at all of them. I have done car and bike sims on all the major UK circuits and it is nothing like the real thing. Even a camera on a motorcycle is nothing like the real thing. You "see" with your brain, your eyes only collect the information. In a race your field of vision is greater your perception is greater, and all your other senses are greater too, the down side of having your body full of adrenalin that causes these increases in perception is that it is exhausting. I raced at club level and two 5 lap practice sessions followed by three five lap races (a total of 30 to 40 minutes spread over the day) was as much as I could do, it is mentally and physically exhausting in a way you only know when you do it. You get used to it with practice and improve but you will never understand how good the top people are in these sports until you actually do it, and not on a computer. Flying aeroplanes adds another dimension, you are not tied to the ground and then yet another physical factor of G forces that can actually make you black out, not just feel a bit giddy.

Something else you can always count on while in the pits, are the "leaners" and "posers".
The Leaners always lean over your fender and scrutinize the engine, saying such stuff like "well, if this were mine, I'd do such and such" and when you ask them where their car is, "oh, I don't have one. They're too expensive".
The Poser is the one that states they have such and such a car and it can whip anyone's ass and so on, but they don't actually have one. Chances are, they probably took a bus to the races...

Something else you can always count on while in the pits, are the "leaners" and "posers".
The Leaners always lean over your fender and scrutinize the engine, saying such stuff like "well, if this were mine, I'd do such and such" and when you ask them where their car is, "oh, I don't have one. They're too expensive".
The Poser is the one that states they have such and such a car and it can whip anyone's ass and so on, but they don't actually have one. Chances are, they probably took a bus to the races...
Oh there was all sorts of stuff going on at the time. Myself and a friend took our race bikes to a pub just outside the town (The Grenadier dunno if rochie rochie knew it) and had an impromptu race back against all the superbikes of the locals, complete madness. More normal was guys shooting off their mouths until they got into a situation they couldnt back down from and ended up on the race track. I raced a 250 which was about 1.5 seconds slower than a 350, and about 3 to 4 seconds slower than an open class (1000cc or more). It is only when they get on the track that they find out how little that 4 seconds is, and how scary the whole thing is. It was very funny seeing them white as a sheet, trying to look courageous in front of their mates on the start line.

Last edited:
Got plenty of stories from the track involving wanna-bees, novices who were in way over their heads, the afore-mentioned crowd and more - far too much to list here.

One quick story comes to mind, though:
Had a guy putting down my '68 Chevelle all afternoon, stating that his Torino would "tear it apart", "shame me and tame me" and so on. His poor girlfriend (I assume) looked embarassed every time he opened his mouth.
Later, it came down to the door-slammers street event and he finally had his chance to "show me".
We got on the line, squared up and on the green light, I launched hard. I glanced over my shoulder and...nothing. I glance in my mirror and there he was, still sitting at the start line.
It turns out Mr. Awesome stalled it... :rolleyes:

Got plenty of stories from the track involving wanna-bees, novices who were in way over their heads, the afore-mentioned crowd and more - far too much to list here.

One quick story comes to mind, though:
Had a guy putting down my '68 Chevelle all afternoon, stating that his Torino would "tear it apart", "shame me and tame me" and so on. His poor girlfriend (I assume) looked embarassed every time he opened his mouth.
Later, it came down to the door-slammers street event and he finally had his chance to "show me".
We got on the line, squared up and on the green light, I launched hard. I glanced over my shoulder and...nothing. I glance in my mirror and there he was, still sitting at the start line.
It turns out Mr. Awesome stalled it... :rolleyes:
On the other side of the coin I was racing at Snetterton and against a guy who already had a reputation (Gordon Allott), I won all three races, and as I went into the circuit canteen for something to eat the production racing fans all fell silent, this guy who had beaten Gordon Allott was here.... really funny. What they didnt know was Gordon was having trouble with his bike, it just wouldnt rev out and I had spent 30 minutes with him seeing if I could help. He was the same as me, it was a hobby not a profession, I wanted a race and would have preferred losing a close race than winning a walk over. That is completely lost on the fan boys my wife (as now we werent married then) and Gordons girlfriend were also great friends, mainly because the pair of them never discussed racing or their boy friends. You have to do it to know what goes on lol.

Google still gives hits after all these years Interview: Mr Two-Stroke - Stan Stephens My tuner was Stans big rival Terry Beckett.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back