2,000 mile roadtrip....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
You're going to do a 2,000 mile roadtrip and you're only allowed to pick a car from the year that you were born...
Which will it be?

Young pups get most of the fun ;)

All is not lost for the older guys

Aston-Martin-DB2-Coupe-1956.jpg

or

Chrysler_Windsor_4_door_1951_z_Rick_Feibusch-2009.jpg

With first Hemi :)

At least it will keep up with modern traffic :)

Did they make cars the year I was born ?!
Funnily enough, next year, I will be making a 2,000+ mile road trip ............... and I won't be using a car as old as me .... well, not quite.

As there were some nice Jaguars, Aston Martins, Ferraris, Maseratis, Lamborghinis etc., etc., in '69, I decided to go with only option there was....

1969%20Dodge%20Charger-06-07_zpso64trblb.jpg

Obviously looking like this....

IMG_20140917_225505_zps91nztq0z.jpg

Might as well move the family in style...

FV1.jpg

...on a side note, to look for this image, I went to my Google homepage and selected Google Images from the Toolbar and this popped up...

Capture.JPG

...Google must be drunk.

Geo

2,000 miles in the bush, has to be something practical and this fellow will take a trailer and would be great for those lovely sunny Aussie days.

20140918 1a.jpg

1944 Standard Jungle 'Bug'

I wouldn't have to dream up a car to take, I still have my '62 Chevy Nova400 in the garage.

I used to jump in it and take road trips all the time, logging many miles on it just for the hell of it. Great little car.
I still miss mine. My first car was a 61 Corvair and the 62 Nova was my second and most favorite car. However, I must admit to one thing about the Corvair. It could turn on a dime and return 9 and 1/2 cents worth of change.

I've always wanted to get a '69 Corvair Monza Spider...factory IRS, turbo and close-ratio trans gears...and a damn good looking body...the best of the best.

As for my Nova, it has a high-performance L-6, which will get me 0 to 60 in 4.3 seconds yet cruise me 850 miles on less than 24 gallons of gas...

But since we have to pick a car from our birth year, I was lazy and picked what I already had in the garage :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back