200 T-80 tanks found abandoned in forest (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Now that is just bizzare. Too paraphrase someone in the British Navy, "To lose one take is unfortunate, to lose two smacks carelessness."

Wonder how they would feel about losing 200!

Some people in the UK might abandon a car in the middle of nowhere, to avoid having to pay for scrapping it, but this is taking 'fly tipping' to a whole new level!!!

I think it is another sign of the utterly corrupt and ill-manned personnel in the Russian forces. While certainly there are professional military in the new Russia, most indications are that all forces are suffering from a lack of leadership, professional motivation and hardware.

Russia appears to be a shell of her former self. And with Putin in charge, I'm thankful.

at least they weren't sold or given to any of the bad guys. I bet North Korea or Iran would have taken them. Perhaps letting them rust was the responsible thing to do.

The drivers probably just went into Wal-Mart, and forgot where they all parked at.

It is hard to believe that many tanks were just parked out in the woods with only a occasional security patrol watching over the tanks.

I think it is another sign of the utterly corrupt and ill-manned personnel in the Russian forces. While certainly there are professional military in the new Russia, most indications are that all forces are suffering from a lack of leadership, professional motivation and hardware.

Russia appears to be a shell of her former self. And with Putin in charge, I'm thankful.

Taking this theme a bit further I notice that Russia is in serious negotiations with France to buy four french frigates. Unthinkable a few years ago.

Welcome to Crazy Ivan's Used Tanks for Less! Where a smile's as good as a handshake. All tanks checked by Tankfacts! No one sells for less! Walk a little into the woods to save a bundle!

Welcome to Crazy Ivan's Used Tanks for Less! Where a smile's as good as a handshake. All tanks checked by Tankfacts! No one sells for less! Walk a little into the woods to save a bundle!

Put new tracks on it and give it a new tank smell, and you got yourself a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back