2013 Oostwold airshow

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
One of the best little airshows in our country is coming again. The data is 20 May 2013. News can be found at Oostwold Airshow - Een spectaculair evenement waar meer dan 17 000 mensen, jong en oud, op afkomen!.

Participants for now:
- The Fighter Collection
- Spitfire Mk V G-LFVB
- Goodyear FG-1D Corsair
- Seppe Vliegend Museum (Tigermoths)
- Fox Glider Team
- TRIG Aerobatics Team
- AeroSuperBatics (Wingwalkers)
- Russian Aircraft Flying Company (SU29)
- Yak Association
- Extra 300S
- Dutch Thunder Yaks
- Mustang P-51 Damn Yankee
- Spitfire and Mustang Duo
- Mustan P51D Ferociuos Frankie
- Spitfire mk9
- Douglas DC-2 Uiver

Promises to be a great show again. I myself am looking forward to see a Corsair flying again. Has been some time since I saw one.
As a teaser you can look at the photo's I made on earlier editions:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/oostwold-netherlands-13-june-2011-a-29317.html
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/warbird-displays/rookie-photographer-airshow-oostwold-18946.html

Looks like a nice lineup. I looked at your previous thread and for the life of me can't figure out how I missed those before! You captured the previous shows nicely. There is something really nostalgic and cool about a grass runway.

Thanks Eric.

Fokker 4 will come again as well. I really love them, nice and slow, so you have all the time in the world to make a decent picture. The organizer said there might be a D.7 as well, which would be really cool.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your pics of the show Marcel.
Are there any shows in early September? I'm planning a road trip to see Roman and friends in Czech republic, late August, and will be returning via Arnhem, down to Dunkirk, in early September, probably around 1st to 3rd.

Looking forward to your pics of the show Marcel.
Are there any shows in early September? I'm planning a road trip to see Roman and friends in Czech republic, late August, and will be returning via Arnhem, down to Dunkirk, in early September, probably around 1st to 3rd.
Don't think so Terry, you can find the calender here:::Avianet.eu:: De luchtvaartsite van Nederland.

I can recomend 14 and 15 June. It's the Luchtmachtdagen, our airforce celebrates it's 100th birthday. Will be quite a spectacle.

Thanks Marcel. The 100th anniversary show sounds good, but I think my wallet would complain in the strongest terms if I tried two 'overseas' trips !!

Not sure of timings or routes yet, but if we return via Arnhem, on the way to Dunkirk ferry port, we won't be that far away. I'll let you know when I've finalised arrangements - if we have the time, it would be good to call in, even if just for a couple of hours. Are there any camp sites nearby? We're travelling in a small camper van - about the size of a matchbox!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back