21st Centuary toys 1/32 kits wtf

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
Thought I'd make a thread for this as there seems to be interest in these kits and I'm seeking answers for some questions

Namely , where the ... are they? ,I've noticed among our modelling community here they're sought after which leads me to think theres worldwide demand .Why are they so hard to come by? I'm keen to get a few of them , most notably their 109F and 109G and I know others here ( and round the world) would buy them if they were to be available again

I know this is been talked about before , but does anyone know if they're gonna be available again?

Did abit of searching on the net and all I found was their errr how do I say 'not as good' diecast 1/32 models

Opinions welcome as always

Cheers

They are not too bad considering they were really made as 'toys', the decal sheets are pretty damn good well printed and registered.

They are pretty basic no frills kits, Ive got a few myself, the company does not exist any longer....maybe someone will buy up the tools and re-do them sometime in the future....

Terry has done the G-14 and currently doing the Zero on the forum...sure you know this already, and he has done a fine job on them!

I didn't say they were bad kits Wayne , I think they're good hence I want some

Thanks for the info mate

A quick search through the web you can find several websites that have the models for sale. Ebay might also be a place to look, as I have bought some of mine there. Here is a website that has a good selection. They were making a 1:18 scale B-25 that I wanted, but looks like it has been cancelled.

21ST CENTURY AIRCRAFT FIGURES

Checked the site , 109F-4/Corsair sold out

Postage these companys charge is ridiculous

Your lucky , your in America

Last edited:
Sweet as Wayne! just didn't want to come across as saying they were bad kits

I'm after a 1/32 Bf-109F and maybe a G-6/10/14 price depending . I thought 21st centuary was the only brand that made the F variant so wanted to try and find one while they were still around , the G-6 can be any brand but going by Hasegawa's prices ( found one over here for $90NZD) I thought 21st centuary toys maybe cheaper

I'm hoping to get a 32 scale hasegawa Bf-109 E sometime soon too as I've found one a tad cheapish , the aim is to have 4 109's , an E ,F ,G and K ( using the revell kit)

I bought the razorback P-47 "Jabo" a few years ago and have it hanging from the ceiling in my home office. I wanted the P-38, but it was huge, and the missus said no.

Is that from the 1/18 scale series of aircraft? wow a P-38 must be HUGE! even in 1/32 it would be massive

I can't believe they do a 1/18 B-25!

Last edited:
The first model I built after my triumphant return to modeling after 30 years or so was the 21st Century Toys 109F Daniel... U may remember it, the one where I added the damage of being punched full of holes....

It was a very cheap and easy model that I picked up at Walmart for like 9 bucks.... Now wish I had picked up the Stuka, F4U and Mc 202 they had at the time....

Pics below....

Attachments

• view01a.jpg
    view01a.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 237
  • view03a.jpg
    view03a.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 239
:shock: 9 bucks!!! thats cheap as ***! Really want the F variant

Did a beaut job with it mate! 8) well worth it , this was your first model after 30 years?!?! amazing man

Are you wanting the 21st century models to put together or the ones that are already done for display? Here are a few sites that I have ordered my 1/32 models from.

Hobby Master, Forces of Valor, Corgi Diecast Model Airplanes - Bad Cat Toys, Inc.
http://smalljoes.com/cat/21st-Century-Toys-73.shtml
http://www.themotorpool.net/

Looking for ones to make up , thanks for the links Thor mate! $9.99 for the Bf-109G-14 . I'm gonna try and get this one

Last edited:
They're as rare as rocking horse poo here as well Daniel. But, Model Hobbies is still advertising the Bf109G-14, the one I built, for around £10. With shipping to NZ, I'd guess the total cost would be around £15 to £18. I know they only charge shipping at cost, unlike some places!
I doubt you'll find the '109F, as it hasn't been advertised anywhere in the UK at least, for well over a year.

Its all gonna come down to shipping Terry , the 109G-14 on one of Thor's links is $9.99 US but postage/handling is looking pricy .Will have to look around

Shame about the 109F , I think your right though its gonna be tough to find one , the last one I saw for sale round here was a year + ago . Have to try ebay I guess , am I correct that no-one elsemakes a 1/32 Bf-109F? or possibly a conversion set from say the E or G?

I'll ask Model Hobbies how much shipping to NZ will cost and let you kn ow mate.
Revell have just re-released their '109F in 1/32nd scale, but it's the original late 1960's kit, under their 'Classics' lable, at around £19. It needs a lot of work to make it accurate, and doesn't compare to modern kits, especially Hasegawa of course. But, back then, it was the 'Bees knees', one of the first ever 1/32nd kits. From the box, with a little bit of work, it looks ok standing by itself, and you could always cross-kit the front end with the fuselage of another kit, as it's the rear fusesalge and tail area which are the worst features. The nose profile, although not accurate, is passable, and the opening section of the canopy is typical of the period, but can be trimmed, and made to look better, especially if the hinges are removed.

Cheers mate! about 2 minutes ago I found out that Revell made a 1/32 kit

Going by what you said , I'm a little put off - gonna have to try and find the 21st centuary toys kit

Or cross kit/scratch build etc

Flagging that

I may end up doing this 109' series of mine in 48 scale

Cheaper , and I can get more planes in the same amount of space

That's true! After doing the 1/32nd scale Spit MkXIV conversion, making it three 32 scale Spits I now have, I'd considered adding more, in the shape of a MkVB, a clipped wing, low back MkXVI, a 'full' Mk22 and a Mk21. Then I realised how much space I'd need! So, any more Spits are going to be in 1/48th.
I'll still enquire about the shipping for you for the 21st Century kit though - if it's reasonable, it's worth having for future use.

Cheers mate , that'd be good

If it is reasonable , it'd still be nice to have 3 1/32 109's , an E ,F ,G and K

I'm thinking of getting the ICM bf-109F , would you think the hasegawa equivilant is worth the extra money? the ICM kit is nearly half the price!

Cheers mate , that'd be good

If it is reasonable , it'd still be nice to have 3 1/32 109's , an E ,F ,G and K

I'm thinking of getting the ICM bf-109F , would you think the hasegawa equivilant is worth the extra money? the ICM kit is nearly half the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back