23rd annual World War Two Weekend (Plenty of time for planning!!!)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Yes why start this a year early might you say?

Well, here's the thinking. Some of the guys from the south, west, and north may want to come but since it may be a long trek I thought I'd give plenty of warning ahead of time.

The dates are June 7,8,9 which is a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'm member of the museum so I'll be posting updates here and what not.

If we could get a head count as well a month or two in advance we can set up dinner etc.

So what do ya say?!

Last edited:
I checked, and apparently, I am the "Smokey Mountain" chapter. (Jack hasn't been heard from again) So I took a vote and it was unanimous, there will be a gathering here this weekend. Festivities include; Beer, Burgers on the grill, Beer, A talk by our Chapter president on the subject of "The importance of putting the cap back on the glue, 'cause the nearest hobby store is 90 miles away", Beer, and a demonstration by our modeling master on the subject of flaps on a F-8 Crusader. And then some refreshments. (Beer.)
We here in the Smokeys would welcome any members of WW2aircraft.net that would like to attend, as long as they bring more beer.
Thank you.

Last edited:
I'm in!!

We need to show the Smokey Mountain Chapter of WW2Aircraft.net that the East Coast Chapter is stronger! :) :)

Chief
Dirkpitt
Steve
Charles
and anybody else - lets make it the biggest gathering of members yet! And I still have the banner!

O'm gonna sticky this so we don't lose it.

Oh and here is a link the last time a bunch of us went.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/wwii-events/calling-all-east-coast-warbird-fans-22616.html

Jesus I was a chubby kid...good thing I slimmed down :lol:

We shall see. I have a lot on my plate for next year...

Germany
Oshkosh Airventure
Mt. Rushmore
Yellowstone
San Francisco (have to see a game at Candlestick before the stadium is closed).

We shall see. I have a lot on my plate for next year...

Germany
Oshkosh Airventure
Mt. Rushmore
Yellowstone
San Francisco (have to see a game at Candlestick before the stadium is closed).

You don't need the niners they'll be clawing there way to 4th in the division ;) (as will the jets in real life)

I'm in!!

We need to show the Smokey Mountain Chapter of WW2Aircraft.net that the East Coast Chapter is stronger! :) :)

Chief
Dirkpitt
Steve
Charles
and anybody else - lets make it the biggest gathering of members yet! And I still have the banner!

O'm gonna sticky this so we don't lose it.

Oh and here is a link the last time a bunch of us went.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/wwii-events/calling-all-east-coast-warbird-fans-22616.html

Me too Chris!

I've missed the last two years (work), but I need a World War II Weekend fix!

We can do it!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back