336FS/4FG a/c of Vermont Garrison

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ektra79

Airman
Dec 4, 2006
Rhode Island
Hi everyone,

Trying to locate a photo of both or either of Vermont Garrison's personal aircraft while he was with the 336FS/4FG at Debden. His P-47D bore the serial number 42-74663; his P-51B 43-6871 (lost 03 March 1944, MACR 3048). Both had a squadron code of VF-H.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim

Hello Tim,

I looked through my references and online. There are a lot of photographs of the man, but I haven't been able to find any of his aircraft. Littlefriends.co.uk doesn't list any name or artwork on the aircraft. That doesn't necessarily mean that it wasn't there, but it would explain why photographs appear to have never been published.
You might want to try some of the books on the 4th FG that are out there, but I don't own any of them so I can't say whether Garrison's a/c are pictured. If you really want to get ahold of something, read this article: Vermont Garrison, 78, Fighter Pilot in 3 Wars - New York Times . It lists the names and locations of his family members. They might have something.

494thFS -

Many thanks for your reply. I have nearly every book on the 4th FG and you're correct - lots of pictures of the man but none of his aircraft. I had briefly seen the article to which you make reference, but did not give a second thought to contacting family members - great idea. :oops:

Again, thanks for your reply.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back