3D model of Spitfire structure

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It's so kind of you, Ross.
Checking my work again, I think it must be completed a.s.a.p.

You are very good at how to display too:)

Great work. My experience with Solidworks is limited. I have Inventor for my work. Are you doing this as a work assignment? or just for yourself?

Added, I should have read before I wrote. I see you are contributing with others to this project. Well done mate. If I had scaled drawings I could do a few things to add. Cheers, Bill

Last edited:
Hello Spitfire Fans,

Here is something I built for Combat Flight Simulator. I haven't quite decided on a paint scheme for it yet and haven't finished the flight model. Obviously there are no internals for this plane.

The hardest thing I had to find for this plane was the exact length. There are many contradictory references.

- Ivan.

Attachments

• Spitfire_IX_RFHigh.jpg
    Spitfire_IX_RFHigh.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 567
  • Spitfire_IX_Underside.jpg
    Spitfire_IX_Underside.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 564
  • Spitfire_IX_LFClose.jpg
    Spitfire_IX_LFClose.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 559
  • Spitfire_IX_LALow.jpg
    Spitfire_IX_LALow.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 548
Thanks Guys,
Keep in mind that this entire model for the flight sim only has about 1100-1200 polygons or so. Climb rate so far is way too high at about 4800 fpm. It should be about 4100.

I wanted to build an early Mk.IXc that was basically a Mk.V with a new engine. Carb scoop is the early non-tropical, and rudder is also the smaller version. I had drawings for a Mk.V but the Mk.IX was obviously longer because of the engine. The problem was that I could not find a good length value for that configuration. I also wasn't sure if later Mk.IX didn't have some other extension some place. Eventually I found a drawing with a length that I could work with.

What length values do you all have for a Mk.IX?

- Ivan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back