48091 (ICM) 1/48 LaGG-3 Finnish Air Force (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Your model has several mistakes for accurate Laag-3, 35 series.

1. Missing slats
2. Horizontal stabilizers are with modified hinges and wider trimmers
3. Vertical rudder is angled hinging line
4. No side protection plates behind the exhaust stacks
5. Long radio mast

Nice try but ....
wow some attitude !

please do not look in any of my builds as i build them for my enjoyment not as an accurate historical tool for future generations.

any body could quote some one else's research to point out slight differences that only "anoracks" would notice.

fantastic model Boroda Rus

Your model has several mistakes for accurate Laag-3, 35 series.

1. Missing slats
2. Horizontal stabilizers are with modified hinges and wider trimmers
3. Vertical rudder is angled hinging line
4. No side protection plates behind the exhaust stacks
5. Long radio mast

Nice try but ....
Let's see some of your work. I'm sure the rest of us can be "diplomatic".
Boroda, it is fine looking job, beautiful painting!

I apologize. I missed the debate. Friends! Ales : Occasion5: right, he correctly pointed out my mistakes, thank him for it. If someone noticed and said, this is many times worse. We have to help each other. It is better to correct and help, not to engage in flattery. We in the club I most severe critic. Uncritically no growth. Thanks again Ales! Thank you all for your support!
Oleg.:wave::occasion5::):blob5::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

While I think most of us understand and appreciate the idea of expressing criticism on eachothers work (for the exact reason you pointed out) even criticism can be expressed in a normal and decent way. This guy, while perhaps pointing out some valid points, essentially dismisses your work as sh*t....which for a first post is rather out there if you ask me. I think I'm not the only one (based on other peoples reactions) who feels that that is not how we roll (even more so cause we're in an online environment)

Last edited:
I think the guy must have been joking because it was so poorly executed as helpful advice... not sure why you could find post like that helpful. if people post pictures of their models they might be expecting criticism but i wouldnt really call it helpful. Usually people with bad personalities will want to say something negative right out of the gate.i can handle criticism but why even question something unless someone asks? im with rochie i build for fun firstly as this is a hobby. that being said i do try to progress and b accurate but you cant always say something isnt a good model because its missing a frickin rivet or a detail is quite represented right . ive yet to really find a perfect kit in 1\48 where you wouldnt have to scratch build and modify if you want to sit there and say this is 100 % perfectly accurate. so i would say word your critiques carefully unless you want to sound like a A**. or i guess if there is some glaring omission you could point it out without sounding stupid, and that doesnt mean people will be flattering and lying to eachother ... i find you usually dont post a comment if your not that crazy about a model or un interested . seems theres a split between anal freak model nerds and people who do it for fun . what you think creates growth kinda just kills it for people who want to enjoy this hobby. i guess i better go scratch build all the wires and break lines in my wheel wells or my build wont be valid lol :p

I apologize. I missed the debate. Friends! Ales : Occasion5: right, he correctly pointed out my mistakes, thank him for it. If someone noticed and said, this is many times worse. We have to help each other. It is better to correct and help, not to engage in flattery. We in the club I most severe critic. Uncritically no growth. Thanks again Ales! Thank you all for your support!
Oleg.:wave::occasion5::):blob5::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Sorry if I was to much critical. This was told to you directly as a judge advise not to insult anybody on this forum. I have try to model the same Lagg-3 but I have stopped. It is too much to fix and scratch build. ICM announced new kit but they did not manage to produce it. So I have take the LTD and South Front two models to combine it. It looks very crude and plastic it too thick. I am not happy with it at all. Maybe someday somebody will made a nice new kit.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back