625 Squadron - Flight Sergeant (pilot) John G Blackwood

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Chris Davidson

Recruit
Nov 14, 2011
My wife's uncle, Flight Sergeant (pilot) John G Blackwood died, along with the other crewmen, when his Lancaster crashed over Dusseldorf on 3 Nov 1943.
We know that 625 Squadron was formed on 1 Oct 1943 at RAF Kelstern and that he is commemorated at the Reichswald Forest War Cemetery.
We also have seen the website for the 625 Squadron RAF Memorial Association and are contacting the secretary.

We would be very interested to know any further information about 625 Squadron and in particular, John Blackwood.

Chris and Claire Davidson (nee Blackwood)

Lancaster-Archive Forum • Information
Useffull forum larry on the board has a copy of 625 orb, so should be able to provide you with missions flown.

Nic lewis at the 625 squadron association is very good, as are many on this board.

boys at war, battle order 204, flying in defiance of the reich are books which feature 625 squadron.
625 squadron profile by chris ward, bomber command war diaries excellent resource.
Lost Bombers - World War II Lost Bombers link to lost bombers page detail of final flight and aircraft.

good research links RAF - Contacts

RAF-lincolnshire.info :: Kelstern :: Photos

My grandfather flew with 625 during 1944

pete Barcroft

Many thanks for your replies and links.

I also found more details on this site:

Lost Bombers - World War II Lost Bombers

We have a photo of him in uniform which is attached but no other information.

Regards,

Chris Davidson

Attachments

• img075.jpg
    img075.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 213
Hopefully the links will generate more info, if I think of anything else I'll let younknow

Hi

I have just stumbled across this site, so forgive me if I seem a bit vague.
My father served at Kelstern 43-45 before the split, when he went to Shaibar til the end.
I am at work at the moment, so haven't the relevant info with me, but I'm sure that there are references to Blackwood in his Log Book, which I have at home. If you want to call me, I will confirm or otherwise. Bob North (son of Flt Sgt Donald North), Sudbury, Suffolk, UK 07875224351

Good to have you here Bob. But I'd suggest you remove your 'phone number, and rely on contact via Private Messages, othewise you could get all sorts of loonies bothering you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back