65th aniversary of Berlin mission (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'm drinking a shot of Jack D neat to celebrate today the 65th anniversary of my 35th and final mission. It was a rough one to Berlin. I may have another shot to toast the memory of the many fine boys from our squadron who failed to return that day. Best wishes to all and particularly to all the crewmen of the 8th and RAF ]still around. This is a great forum.
Sam Halpert
B-17 B-24 Pictures Information 8th Air Force Flying Fortress Liberator Ploesti Schweinfurt Merseberg Berlin missions

Congratulations Sam, and I raise my glass to you, and all like you. Thanks for everything you sacrificed so that we can enjoy such things as this forum.

I'm drinking a shot of Jack D neat to celebrate today the 65th anniversary of my 35th and final mission. It was a rough one to Berlin. I may have another shot to toast the memory of the many fine boys from our squadron who failed to return that day. Best wishes to all and particularly to all the crewmen of the 8th and RAF ]still around. This is a great forum.
Sam Halpert
B-17 B-24 Pictures Information 8th Air Force Flying Fortress Liberator Ploesti Schweinfurt Merseberg Berlin missions

Congrats Sam - you were only two miles away from my father at Steeple Morden.. I wonder how many times you had fleeting sightings of each other?

How many fought and died within miles of each other and never knew of the link?

Regards,

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back