A little challenge (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ya the B-25's are pretty easy, is that other twin engined type a F7F?

And sorry about the two ones that are on top of each other haha

I can't tell three planes, but I suspect one or two might be Furys.
This is what I have

8 Spitfires
2 Hurricanes
2 Mitchells
2 Corsairs
1 Hellcat
1 Thunderbolt
4 Mustangs
1 Tigercat
1 Wildcat
1 Warhawk

And it's something like 26 planes

Yeah, it's behind the Tigercat, it's bent wings almost blend in with the Tigercat's big wings.

Those three on the right though... I want to guess one's a Mustang, you can see there's an inline engine plane by the exhaust sticking out the side. That and they're all over the place

I agree, but the one on the far right has those pods under the wings, and I don't think I've seen a Fury at an airshow with bomb racks.

And come to think of it, the plane obscuring our possible Mustang is kinda small. Well, at least its wings.

That piccie was taken at Duxford flying Legends...by the look of those planes in the pic...I'd say 2005 (Ah...just seen the date on the piccie !).

I've got a full breakdown of all the composite 'wings' that made that formation so I wont cheat and enter.

Amongst the planes you will often see in these balboa's at FL' are :- Buchon, Skyraider, Corsair, Mitchell, Fury, Spifire, Hurricane, Mustang, Yak, Kittyhawk, Tomahawk, Hawk, Thunderbolt, Catalina, Tigercat, Hellcat, Bearcat. And dont forget, 2005 was the year the SAAB B17A arrived on the flightline !.The Tigercat allways led the main formation until it was sold and went over the Pond

By the way, the noise generated from all those 'Planes...you didnt so much hear it as felt it !.

Roll on this years event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back