A most unexpected warbird

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

gumbyk

Master Sergeant
Apr 2, 2009
Blenheim
Last weekend we had a gathering of Pitts Specials at the local airfield, and among them was this example:
WP_20151114_13_10_49_Pro.jpg

It's an ex-Royal Jordanian Air Force 'Falcons' aircraft, one of three that are somewhere in the world (they did have five, but the story that I heard form an ex-owner of this one was that they lost two in a mid-air).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Jordanian_Falcons

Attachments

• WP_20151114_13_10_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151114_13_10_44_Pro.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
There's a two-seater for sale here that you could pick up fairly cheap (probably around $60k, NZD).

The other option is to buy a damaged one, and as they were originally home-built, repair it yourself. A 1:1 scale model!

I can find some S-1s over here for 18K - 24 K with higher engine time. and while that is tempting I am at the point in my life I don't want to have to get a medical....more to the point I don't want to FAIL a medical. with light sport, a driver's license is all that is needed to satisfy that ( as long as I do know knowingly have something seriously wrong physically ). so its going to be low, slow, and flat as it goes for me. if I want a flight on the wild side I have a good friend who has a stearman...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back