A new section in the Modelling area

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GrauGeist

Generalfeldmarschall zur Luftschiff Abteilung
I have seen some great CGI modelling from several members recently and of course, there's Shinpachi's masterpieces...

Shouldn't there be a section in the Modelling area for the CGI Models?

Hm. Not sure about this - CGI sort of falls between two areas, art and modelling. As their is no actual 'solid', physical model, personally I don't think it should be included in modelling. Perhaps a separate section altogether, as it's not really art in the true sense, where a picture has been physically drawn or painted with traditional materials; until viewed on a monitor screen, or printed out, the work is at that point an electronic file. So maybe a complete new section for all CGI work?

Well it's kind of a gray area Terry but they do classify CGi structures as 'modeling'.

I know that they are not models in the physical sense but then again we have to adapt to the 21st-century now don't we? :lol:

Myself, I can never think of CGI as 'modelling', as (to me) modelling implies making a physical 3 dimensional model (ie replica) of something.

I never used to even consider it 'art' either to be honest, being someone who paints and draws the 'old fashioned way' - by hand. Have since changed that opinion though after seeing the beautiful works some people are able to achieve using computer sketch pads and on the computer - just amazing!!!

In short, agree with Hugh. I think an 'art and CGI' section would be the go.

Chris' suggestion is good too ('WWII art'), but is better as a sub section, not the main subject (IMO) as it excludes any other subject, or even aviation art from outside that 6 year period.

Just my 2 cents...

These are all good points, certainly.

My thoughts were to at least bring the subject up, so that the CGI renderings might have a central place to be found and shared. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back