A New World Record

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graeme

1st Sergeant
May 31, 2007
For snails on a face...

Schoolgirl smashes the world record as she lets 25 snails slither across her face | Mail Online

Schoolgirl smashes the world record as she lets 25 snails
slide across her face

By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 6:54 PM on 29th August 2008

There will be no need for a slow-motion replay to confirm this record-breaking feat.
Schoolgirl Tiana Walton has slithered into the record books - for having the most snails on her face at once.
Nine-year-old Tiana, who loves animals, bravely allowed 25 of the slimy creatures to cover her eyes, nose and mouth.
Tania smashed the previous record of 15 snails set in Australia while the most she had had on her face before was nine.
She smashed the previous record of 15, held by Australian Liam Kenny, and her unusual feat will appear in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Her previous personal best was just nine.

The rules state that competitors have just one minute to put the snails on their face before tipping their head forward for 10 seconds.

Tiana, of Alvanley, Cheshire, said: "I am not squeamish. It is relaxing but it feels a bit cold. They are quite smelly and you can see their big long eyes facing you. I think my friends at school will say 'urgh'."

Local vet Ken Robinson witnessed the attempt and ensured no snails were harmed. He said: "It is a superb achievement and all the snails have been treated to a gourmet meal."
Tiana said her next ambition is to become an Olympic gymnast.
Setting records runs in the family as Tiana's mother, Tommy, herself appeared in the Guinness Book Of World Records in 1980 for growing the largest lemon in the world weighing 3Ib 14oz..

What some people will do for their 15 minutes of fame... That's a record I won't be attempting to break anytime soon. Not out of fear or squeamishness, but it's just odd what makes it into the Guinness book sometimes.

french people says this is good to eat

When in was in French Morocco (circa 1954), they use to serve boiled
snails at the bar. You ate them like people in the states eat peanuts.
They're really not that bad...

Charles

That's something to be proud of I let 25 snails slither across my face :D

Yea escargo or something its called not bad at all...if you order them at a resturaunt they give you 9-12 and there in oil

When in was in French Morocco (circa 1954), they use to serve boiled
snails at the bar. You ate them like people in the states eat peanuts.
They're really not that bad...

Charles

do you chew that before swallow or just swallow ?

I can think of better ways of getting into the record books...

"The amount of times a person has popped their eyeball out of the socket with a spoon" for instance. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back