A Primer on the 2nd Admendment

Discussion in 'OFF-Topic / Misc.' started by syscom3, Oct 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syscom3

syscom3 Pacific Historian

I know some of you will enjoy

Attached Files:

2. ccheese

ccheese Member In Perpetuity
    Staff Member Moderator

R E T I R E D !!
    That's pretty good, Sys.... altho it does lean a little to the right.

Charles

3. tail end charlie

Below are some statistics for murders with handguns per 100,000 it obviously doesnt include children killing their siblings with what they think is a toy.

USA (2001) 3.98
    Switzerland (1998) 0.50
    Canada (2002) 0.4
    Japan (2002) 0.02

It seems that gun control theory is correct , correct in that Switzerland has a low rate considering everyone has a gun, however clearly the USA population shouldnt be trusted with guns, they kill their own at the rate of one twin towes disaster every year, and proclaim it as a right. Canada shares a border with the USA and also wasnt invaded by Japan (with reference to the video) and they are only 1/10 as good at killing each other with guns as the USA.

Those pesky murderous bloodthirsty Japanese seem to have the lowest rate of gun murders, well slappa my thigh who would have thought that.

I dont pay taxes for a professional standing army airforce and navy to carry a gun myself, the idea that in a nuclear age a hand gun protects anyone from a foreign power is quite frankly a joke. Iraq and Afghanistan are awash with guns RPGs and assault rifles, was that a major thought in planners minds prior to the invasion?

From an al qaida point of view the second ammendment does their job for them. Or on a more simplistic note does this mean any country which issues their citizens with a hand gun is immune from action by foreign forces including the USA.

Its a great fantasy of civilians rising up against an army the reality is different as this link will show
    Oradour-sur-Glane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you really want to resist a foreign invasion you train people in IEDs indoctrinate your citizens to be suicide bombers.

4. RabidAlien

RabidAlien Active Member

IT
    2nd Amendment seemed to work fine for a couple hundred years, until we got this bright idea to start telling our kids that guns are dangerous and quit teaching them to USE them properly, CARE for them, and RESPECT them as the dangerous tools that they are.

5. tail end charlie

Rabidalien

when the 2nd ammendment was written there were (for example) no TV programmes showing the A team blasting away and no one getting hurt, and I dont think there was a huge toy industry selling toys where you can pretend to kill each other. The population of the USa had guns for hunting and protection in what was still a new land.

In the time the second ammendment was written the parents of children controlled their lives and could demonstrate what a gun could do and also order them never to touch (for example) daddys gun. Today things are much much different. In the UK we have gun control but that means the macho culture is centred on knives.

young people+ hormones+ alcohol/drugs+weapons = problem

6. Matt308

Matt308 Glock Perfection
    Staff Member Moderator

Engineer
    Sys you know better.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.