A question about Lend Lease Churchill's on the Russian front (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MacArther

Staff Sergeant
Sep 19, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.edge-gamers.com
Ok...something has been bugging me recently. We've probably all seen the M3/M5 half tracks on the Russian front refitted with the ZiS-2 57mm anti-tank gun. Similarly, we've all likely seen the Churchill tanks the Russian's received through Lend-Lease. My question is: Did the Russians ever fit their ZiS-4 57mm tank gun into the Churchill's? If so, are there any pictures of the mash up?

Thank you all for your help, because Google is being less than helpful (and my books even less so)

Its possible as in a round about way the Soviet F34 76.2mm tank gun was fitted to some Shermans. The Shermans M3 75mm gun was fitted to Churchill MkIVs in Italy. Therfeore the F34 should fit the Churchill and the Zis-4 breech and recoil system was almost identical in size to the F34 apart from the very long barrel which might be hard to balance in a Churchill.

Posible but with the limited production of the Zis-4 I am guesing it was never done except maybe as a prototype.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back