A story to make you angry....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's cruel. In a small way, soldiers fight for our swimming pools.

And what's with the gab that they don't pay well? The vets weren't homeless, they could pay.

Sure there are a lot of homeless veterans, but they all need help, and kindness even more than swimming.

This lady needs to realize that the reason she can complain and whine about these heroes, is that her freedoms are protected by these men, and the men who came before these men. Shame on her. If these men were disfigured and disabled, you'd think that this woman would be smart enough to realize that these men have paid with something in far shorter supply than money, mainly courage and blood and guts!

"No, bitch, they paid a much higher price than you. Perhaps you should pick somewhere else to take your ignorant, pampered ass."

I totally agree with you there Evan!

It is little comforting that this type of stuff is not just an American problem, as bad as that may sound.

the price they paid is so much more than what a couple of idiots could earn in a lifetime, if they didnt pay that, those people would be swimming in the desert right now. Anybody who is that ignorant should be taken out and.....

Gentlemen I agree totally with your comments about the Veterans. However this type of ignorance is likely to occur more often to Veterans as they return home from Iraq or Afghanistan. I am old enough to remember what occured to Australian Vietnam Veterans on returing to Australia. It wasn't until the mid 1980s did Australian Vietnam Veterans feel they were welcomed back to Australian Society as a whole when the Vietnam Veterans decided to take part in an ANZAC Day Parade in 1986. As it turned out the Vietnam Veterans were greeted with warmth and admiration by the tens of thousands who were present at the 1986 ANZAC Day Ceremonies. I never want to see groups of Veterans ever again feel they are shunned by society in Australia as the Vietnam Veterans felt for so long after the Vietnam War. I was brought up to believe men and women who served in the Australian Military and had served in an active war zone were to be given absolute respect and I have instilled the same attitudes with my own children that I received from my father. Who himself was a Veteran from WW2. I well remember my father saying on many occassions. "You have no idea what these men and women have gone through in their lives in service in the Military. You have no right to judge them. But you will respect them." My father was correct I don't know what these men and women have gone through and yes I do respect them. As for the mindless idiot at a swimming pool in England it seems her genelogical pool is shallow or empty at one end of her miserable little life. Ignorance is bliss so we are told but that woman is one blissfuly an idiot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back