A uniform question...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

BikerBabe

Senior Master Sergeant
May 21, 2009
Denmark.
www.bmwmc.dk
Hi ladies and gents.

I'm sitting here, working on a children's story (- right now: drawing), containing - among other things - a british and a german fighter pilot, and the story is set at the time of the Battle of Britain.
And then I suddenly realise that I do know what the german uniforms, visor caps and other stuff looks like, but I haven't got the faintest idea about what the RAF gear looked like at the time! :shock: :oops: :lol:

So I've been trying to google a bit, and I can't really find anything with any decent (read: Detailed) images of a RAF officer's visor cap at the time of the Battle of Britain, plus any detailed uniform information on such things as rank, uniform insignia and such.

So: Have any of you guys got any good links with detailed images?
It would be a great help, and I sure will appreciate any help here.

Hi BB
this if it's any help
I can zoom in on any item if you want a closer look

Attachments

• RAF insignia.jpg
    RAF insignia.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 182
Jan - you are an angel! ;)
Thanks a lot, that was just something like that that I needed so badly! *curtsies*

And Colin - YES! Thanks! *happy, broad grin*

Thanks for your kind help, that was just stuff like that which I was looking for. ;)

Oops, rediscovered this thread. Sorry about the late feedback from me. *mega-blush red ears*
Valengo: Thanks a lot, it was just the kind of links I needed. ;) :thumbleft:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back