A War for Resources

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Zniperguy114

Airman
Jan 29, 2010
Pennslyvannia
Personally, I think that a third world war is almost impossible, but one thing still lingers in my mind. NATURAL RESOURCES. It is predicted that China ill need a entirely new earth of resources to fuel its booming economy in only a century from now. Don't get me wrong, Because I think a war with China will never happen, But maybe resources may change that someday. I'm just wondering what you guys think about that. Any ideas?

There will be another war, a big one, only because we think it won't happen. Personally, I think it will start in the Far East. Still a lot of old feelings out there that are raw and they didn't get the same pasting that Europe got in the last century.

About Raw Materials, I think you are right. But they are always about treasure, at least on some level. Keep an eye on China and the expansion it makes towards Islands claimed by other countries, especially Japan. Other than that, the Chinese could get antsy if somebody they didn't trust (which is just about everyone) becomes a percieved threat along China's lines of communication (read India) to current raw materials (read Persian Gulf and Africa).

".... Natural resources yes
but it will really hit the fan over drinking water ".

Too true, Colin1. Water is no trivial issue. :)

MM

I don't think it will have to be over anything big like that. WWI was started because of an event that didn't concern most other countries.

The next war will sneak up on us like a thief in the night. It might be over resources, it might be over ideology, it might be over living space.....I still think that clausewitzs theories on war hold true....."war is an extension of policy"....should not be treated as an end in itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back