A WWII Aircraft website with an Airplane Modeling Problem, or...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Capt. Vick

Staff
Mod
Jul 23, 2008
Long Island, New York
...a Modeling Website with a WWII Aircraft problem?

At the eastern end of the island I live on the is a town named Montauk, which bills itself as a "Drinking Town with a Fishing Problem". This prompted me to ask a version of this about our collective endeavor here. Not seriously, but the needle seems to swing back and forth. Thoughts? (In good humor of course)

I think both aspects are mutually beneficial to each other - modellers do exacting research on their subjects and therefore are able to contribute to the aviation history side of the forum and contributions to this undoubtedly help modellers do their research... Fair trade, I reckon.

At the eastern end of the island I live on the is a town named Montauk,

I've heard about ths place. In 1919 it was going to be the landing spot of the first east-to-west Atlantic crossing by air; the airship R.34, having run into storms en route to Hazelhurst Field, Mineola, Long Island, was running short of fuel and the captain, George Herbert Scott ordered a signal to be sent to Mineola to tell the ground handling party there to go north to Montauk and wait for the airship, but a favourable tailwind meant the ship could reach Mineola and so it did and Montauk's place in aviation history has almost been forgotten.

giphy (3).gif

This movie, Action Point, is based on a real park called Action Park, that in my youth was quite popular despite its reputation. It was also known as "Traction Park" or "Class-Action Park". Literally people died there. It go so bad that the owner had to start his own insurance company to get coverage for the park. There is a short documentary about it somewhere out on the web. Look it up and be amazed.

It provided a MUCH need service to the entire country by providing terminally stupid people to remove themselves from the gene pool voluntarily and in a fun and entertaining way
im-not-saying-kill-all-stupid-people-im-saying-remove-14086333.png
rE3bQDm.png

And there was a great place to eat nearby called "The Texan". Man every item on the menu sounded better then that last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back