A6M7 Zero Weapon Question, pls help!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

homeboyslim

Recruit
Jul 3, 2007
I am modeling (virtual/technical 3d model) a A6M7 Zero for the San Diego Air Museum and the technial data the museum has states that the A6M7 has "three" 13.2mm Machine Guns along with two 20mm. We know of the 4 on the wings but are unsure of where the third 13.2mm is/would have been mounted on this version (A6M7).
You guys seem to be the experts and hoping you can help me out.
Thanks for any help.
Brent

I am modeling (virtual/technical 3d model) a A6M7 Zero for the San Diego Air Museum and the technial data the museum has states that the A6M7 has "three" 13.2mm Machine Guns along with two 20mm. We know of the 4 on the wings but are unsure of where the third 13.2mm is/would have been mounted on this version (A6M7).
You guys seem to be the experts and hoping you can help me out.
Thanks for any help.
Brent

The A6M7 had the same layout as the A6M5c Model 52c as far as weapons layout goes. Below is a picture of the location of the 13.2mm machine gun. The other opening was usually left open but some times faired over. Arrow pointing to the empty fairing. Across from it is the location of the machine gun.

Attachments

• Jap 1.bmp
    120.6 KB · Views: 303

Attachments

• zero 1.JPG
    zero 1.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 308
  • zero 2.JPG
    zero 2.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 307

Users who are viewing this thread

Back