Abandoned Japanese fighter aircraft (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You are welcome, Stewart.
Your father had awesome experience in the war but your own experience looks incredible too in the jungle:shock: Looking forward to your more photos!

Hello Shinpachi

I have many more scanned photos of Bomber Command WWII bases with various RNZAF aircraft in both Europe and Pacific campaigns.

With regards to military history my main interest for many years has been traditional forging of edged weapons and metallurgical developments of ancient cultures. During the 80's I studied then practised the skills required to prepare and forge tamahagni into samari blades and wood working tools.

In 1989-90 I received a fellowship to study with several leading swordmasters in Japan. The entire opportunity of living in Japan often in isolated regions as well as cities like Gifu, Seki, Takefu and Kyoto and within family life was a privilage.
Learning the true skills and disciplines of the art of forging samari blades was an experience that even today I still use to focus in my work.

Later this month I'm relocating to Singapore and Batam Is where I will be permently based. Being closer to Japan I hope to renew my friendships and to start revisiting the centres for traditional crafts.

Stewart

Hi, Stewart !

Frankly I am surprised to know that you have ever been here, Japan, to learn our traditional sword making:shock: I have ever visited Takefu several times as Sabae City which is located next to Takefu was once famous for manufacturing optical frames made of titanium and there were some subsidiery factories in Takefu too. A Manager from B.O.C.(British Optical Company) in Sydney also visited there to study and I accompanied with him. There were many visitors from not only Australia but USA, Korea, HK, England, Belgium etc twenty five years ago when I was young and engaged in exporting ophthalmic products. Mr. Martin X. Hogan - Optometrist in Melbourne was an able aviation sunglasses designer. I enjoyed arranging products for him very much. Does anybody know him and is he fine? My true name is Fumiyuki Nagakura. Thanks.

I once planned to introduce some Japanese swords as well as old armors on this forum in early this summer as I had found a very beautiful colorful graphic book at a library. But simply thought there would be no one who was interested in such minor item, I gave up the plan. I was wrong and am glad now to reconsider it.

Sorry, Stewart, but I have little knowledge about RNZAF during ww2.
Please let me look forward to your future posts. Also, please visit Jaoan again by all means in the future:)
Thanks.

Shinpachi

Attachments

• 10126191437.jpg
    10126191437.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back