Accurate Minatures Il-2 Sturmovik 1/48 "6"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Name: Harrison
Username: B-17engineer
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Accurate Minatures
Extras: Eduard Mask set

Hi guys,

Wanted to join the group build so I bought this kit off of Ebay for a bargain. I have little to no knowledge about Russian birds so this will all be a new experience for me. I'm really excited to jump into this kit. I'm using the kit decals for the reason that I know I won't build 5 of these birds (which would warrant the decal sheet. I didn't take the photos they are from the internet which explains the 4 mask sets.

If anyone has any info on this bird with the 6would be appreciated.

BTW this ones on skis!! :lol:

Attachments

• IL_2_Accurate_Miniatures_3409_48th.jpg
    IL_2_Accurate_Miniatures_3409_48th.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 292
  • Il-2_1.jpg
    Il-2_1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 301
  • Il-2 3.jpg
    Il-2 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 295
  • Il-2_2.jpg
    Il-2_2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 298
  • Il-2 4.jpg
    Il-2 4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 308
I've never seen this one, but Accurate Miniatures makes very nice kits. Should be a break from all that sanding Harrison. The parts fit should be much better than the kits you've been working on.

They have this kit at my LHS and there have been many times I've thought about buying it. What keeps me from doing so is the scale. Now If I can find this in 1/72 that would be fantastic! :p

I look forward to watching your build Harrison.

How much is it? :lol:

Curious since i got this off ebay for a steal

Not much in the way of work, had a pretty late night with some friends so I'm too tired to do much.

Off into New york City tomorrow for a concert so maybe monday will start actual work

Because of a paint I think. Possible these weren't painted at all or were of bare metal ( aluminium) colour. What says the kit instruction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back