Accurate Minatures Il-2 Sturmovik 1/48 "6"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I see. Comparing colour of these skis to the white areas of the plane I'm not sure it should be white on these.

It might have been caused by sunlight. It seems the pic was taken during the midday. But the main difference is that the white paint was matt. But these skis look like there would be a gloss paint applied. Have a look at the LaGG and its skis. What do you think?

Attachments

• Lagg.jpg
    Lagg.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 107
Yes it does. But the difference between the colour of skis and the tail or the top of the fuselage behind the cockpit is seen.

Another question..white or ..... ???????

Attachments

• LAGG3_.jpg
    LAGG3_.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I think it is just a poor scan of the picture. I have seen one of better quality. I believe the LaGG-3 was of silver ( aluminium ) colour. It was the main colour for painting of planes just before the German offensive against Russia. And there still were planes painted with that colour at the beginning of the attack.

I never thought about till now but what kind of drag,airspeed and manuveaurabilty was loss when these skis were used?

I never thought about till now but what kind of drag,airspeed and manuveaurabilty was loss when these skis were used?

Generally Il-2 wasn't manoeuvrable because it wasn't a fighter. But its manuveaurabilty was quite enough when carrying bombs and RS missiles. According to Polish pre-war tests ( and not only here ) a such skis didn't cause more of the aerodynamic drag than wheels. Especially that these for the Sturmovik were retractable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back