Accurate Wright R-1820 engine

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rhoff

Recruit
Dec 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm in the planning stages of building a B-17G. I have the R/M 1/48 kit all ready and I'm starting to order the aftermarket kits. My question is who makes the most accurate Wright R-1820 engine, Airies, CMK, Vector, or some other manufacture. I was thinking about doing an open cowl or engine replacement. Thank you.
Rick

Hi Rick, Welcome to the forum.

You will find the folks here most helpful, now, they sometimes get a little crazy and carried away, but it's all in good fun. For an example and a good laugh: http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/modeling/color-pics-model-im-building-25367.html :lol:

On to your question, you really can't go wrong with Aires or Quickboost.

Aires has a very nice R-1820, #4166, that would be a great "stand alone" engine out of the aircraft. Engine/engine Set ~ Aires, Hobby models - Part 3

Quickboost makes a set for the R/M B-17G, #48 039, 4 engines, 4 back plates with cowl flaps, QUICKBOOST Scale 1/48 they also have R-1820's for other kits that could possibly be adapted, if you're only wanting one.

Thanks for the help bob3170.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back