ADVENT 1/72nd A6M5 Reisen (Zero) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Matt, you've done a fantastic job on such a basic kit. I think the weathering and paint scuffing looks great, and the shots with the Walrus look the business!
I agree about the jobs that can be made with some crude kits; as long as the basic shape is right, there's a lot of scope for scratch-building, and some nice models can be achieved.
Good work mate.

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the comments. It's got me back in the groove to make models again. It was a fun and exciting hobby as a kid and I've not lost the thrill. Just wish I had a place to put them. The WAF is low populating your house with gazillions of models. The unbuilt kits are bad enough.

I've got a guy at work that wants me to make the 1/72nd AMT EC-135 Rivet Joint that he worked on while in the USAF. That sounds like fun. I'll let you know when I get the kit. That one's gonna take a while at my snail pace. At least I can get the satisfaction of building a bigger kit knowing it will have a home where it will be appreciated.

Looking forward to the '135 Matt. It's always good doing a model for someone who was actually involved with the type. Gives a lot of satisfaction...and increased nervous tension, praying it will look OK to the 'expert'!

Great job. I like the cheaper kits better because it gives me a chance to work.I get more gratification from a cheapie than a good kit. Keep up the good work.
Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back