Air Classics back issue from 2001

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

CATCH 22

Staff Sergeant
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
Gents, I believe somebody can help me with the following:
13 years ago, around this time (it was before Christmas) I found an article on the net by Boardman C. Reed, called "My north Americans". He was a WWII pilot from the 17th BG, one of the first who flew the new (at that time) B-25 and later the B-17. He was a great personality and sadly left us in 2012.
The above mentioned article was on a site called "Findarticles" on a bNet-domain which is gone for good. Findarticles still exists, but I couldn't find the same article which was on 13 pages. I tried the Waybackmachine, but the article is not saved there. Every search so far using Google was unsuccessful.
There is one hope though - a hard copy may still exist. The same article was published earlier in 2 (or 3) issues of Air Classics, volume 37 (year 2001), Issues 3-5 (March to May). The issue I'm looking for is #3, March 2001:
s-l1600.jpg

Unfortunately the printing house or edition of Air Classics (Challenge Publications Inc.) does not sell back issues before 2018.
I'm looking for the article only, not for the whole issue and if somebody has it and wants to share it I'll be much obliged. :salute:
There is a chance to purchase a book by the same author, but I'm not sure if it offers the same information. The book is called Flights Forgotten...and Remembered.
Cheers!

Last edited:
Gents, I believe somebody can help me with the following:
13 years ago, around this time (it was before Christmas) I found an article on the net by Boardman C. Reed, called "My north Americans". He was a WWII pilot from the 17th BG, one of the first who flew the new (at that time) B-25 and later the B-17. He was a great personality and sadly left us in 2012.
The above mentioned article was on a site called "Findarticles" on a bNet-domain which is gone for good. Findarticles still exists, but I couldn't find the same article which was on 13 pages. I tried the Waybackmachine, but the article is not saved there. Every search so far using Google was unsuccessful.
There is one hope though - a hard copy may still exist. The same article was published earlier in 2 (or 3) issues of Air Classics, volume 37 (year 2001), Issues 3-5 (March to May). The issue I'm looking for is #3, March 2001:
View attachment 646377
Unfortunately the printing house or edition of Air Classics (Challenge Publications Inc.) does not sell back issues before 2018.
I'm looking for the article only, not for the whole issue and if somebody has it and wants to share it I'll be much obliged. :salute:
There is a chance to purchase a book by the same author, but I'm not sure if it offers the same information. The book is called Flights Forgotten...and Remembered.
Cheers!
I have issues going back to the 70s. I should have it. I off the work soon. I will check my back issues for you.

I have issues going back to the 70s. I should have it. I off the work soon. I will check my back issues for you.
Sorry, I'm missing issue 2,3,4,and 5 from that year. They were either lost in the flood back in 2016 or in a box from the move. I will check after work.

Sorry, I'm missing issue 2,3,4,and 5 from that year. They were either lost in the flood back in 2016 or in a box from the move. I will check after work.
Thank you for checking! I know it's not easy to keep all that bulk of magazines, books, artifacts. I myself lost many (or at least can't find them) after several moves.
I appreciate you help!
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back