Aircraft Manuals Index? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
I was thinking, we have a tremendious amount of information on Aircraft manuals on this site but it's spread out throughout the site, and it's a pain in the [cough] to try to find. I was thinking of establishing a single Index Page that links to all of them (kind of a one stop shopping). Is this something that others might be interested in? If so what would be the best way to show it, Sort by Country then Aircraft? Manufacturer then Aircraft Name/Number? This is something that has driven me nuts and instead of complaining about it I'm willing to do something about it.

Below is an example of what it could look like:

B-25J/PBJ Pilots Flight Operations
Ju 88 Pilots Notes
Ju 88A-5
Ju 88A-5 Teil 12D
Tempest Mk V Pilots Notes

Also, should we somehow give credit to those that uploaded it in the first place? I was thinking of only linking the actual .pdf's uploaded on the site instead of linking to external sources, that way we would not have to worry about dead ones inthe future. Any thoughts?

You might want to start a thread titled something like "Luftwaffe Aircraf Manuals Index", link all the threads and then we can stcky in the Technical section. Probably just something like "Allied", "Luftwaffe" and or "Soviet", "Japanese".

It might work.

The index idea is great. One thread per country of origin, and organised alphabetically underneath. The link description should contain the file size if possible, for those with limited bandwidth. Would be very useful VB.

vikingberserker,

I have already made (2) excel files with most of the manuals on this site. I have one file for US one for forign manuals, the US sub-devided by manufacturer, then alphabetically. The forign one devided by country and then alphetabetically. I have included the number of pages in each manual, and who uploaded it. Unfortunaly I have included manuals from other sources (credit given).

Laterrrrrrr
avn-tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back