Aircraft manufacturers standard parts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MiTasol

1st Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2012
Aw flaming stralia
Most, if not all, aircraft manufacturers had the internal specifications for standard parts including, in many cases common parts like nuts bolts and fittings. Some manufacturers used industry standard parts like AC and AN parts. Some used a mix.

My first post is Lockheed Specs. I bought over 100 pages of LS specs way back in the 70s and was "unhappy" that many pages were duplicated. Scanning yesterday I found many double and triple copies and one page had five copies. Grump. I have eliminated the duplicates and only 53 pages remain. It includes AN931, 655 and 486 plus AC385, 811 & 850 mixed in at random. The AC pages have no prefix to the spec number.

EDIT Next will be Consolidated Vultee followed by Bristol? British? (from memory - still in a box) British SBAC standards in a Beaufort cover. I also have some USAAF cross references from manufacturers numbers to standard AN numbers.

EDIT

Attachments

• Lockheed LS specs ww2 OCR.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
These Consolidated Vultee specs were a nightmare. Every page has required a LOT of work. As a guess they have been printed from microfilm, with something in the printing freaking out the scanner, and then cut to size (yep no two the same size.) Despite several scanning changes the scanner has picked up some sort of watermark in the paper in most scans. This same watermark is usually not visible on the original. The paper itself is probably double the weight of regular paper and has an uneven blue tinge.

My apologies but this is the best I could get them without wasting any more time.

Attachments

• CV specs - POOR..pdf
    14.4 MB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread