Airfix 1/48 de Havilland Chipmunk T.10.... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lucky13

Forum Mascot
Aug 21, 2006
In my castle....
IMG_20221026_044715.jpg

8 RFS (Reserve Flying School), 11 RFS and Glasgow UAS (University Air Squadron)....am I right in thinking that RFS is for those in the reserves, or?
What is University Air Squadron?

Looking for some Scottish Chipmunks, "13" as always, Glasgow is as close by as it gets....😉

Maybe....🤨🤔

RAF Kinloss
RAF Lossiemouth
RAF Grangemouth
RAF Turnhouse

Not the Glasgow UAS but the Southampton University Air Squadron. Although no "13" but the "10" was there. It means that the "13' must have been somewhere close.

Southampton UAS_1956.jpg

The Chipmunks of the Oxford UAS seems to be marked with letters ...

Oxford UAS_1956.jpg

Oxford UAS_1956_a.jpg

the source: DE HAVILLAND CHIPMUNK TURNS 75

Well, all depends on what kind of numbering ( marking ) was used for the GUAS. The pictures of the GUAS Chipmunks taken in 50' I found via the net, suggest it was two-digit numbers.

Glasgow UAS_1953.jpg

the source: Chipmunk 75th anniversary – 22nd May | RAF Memorial Flight Club

First plane I ever flew in with the ATC out of Marshall's at Cambridge, UK. I was going to stay with my aunt in Cambridge that night and had no idea where she lived relative to the airfield. As you did in those days I suppose I just assumed I would find a solution. Fortunately we flew over her road and I was able to memorise a walking route. Life was simpler then.
The flight was great. Just mild concern as we came into land and the rev counter dropped to zero. I did not know that it overreacted to a reduction in revs and thought the engine had cut out. Bit low for the parachute strapped to my bum and doubling as a seat to be much use.

First plane I ever flew in with the ATC out of Marshall's at Cambridge, UK. I was going to stay with my aunt in Cambridge that night and had no idea where she lived relative to the airfield. As you did in those days I suppose I just assumed I would find a solution. Fortunately we flew over her road and I was able to memorise a walking route. Life was simpler then.
The flight was great. Just mild concern as we came into land and the rev counter dropped to zero. I did not know that it overreacted to a reduction in revs and thought the engine had cut out. Bit low for the parachute strapped to my bum and doubling as a seat to be much use.
Me too No5 AEF, I was in 1824 Sqn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back