Airfix 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Peebs

Senior Airman
Apr 7, 2010
Werribee Vic
About to embark on my next project.....

HurrMk1001.jpg

Nice Pete,I love the Hurricane.8)
I'm hoping Airfix release the new tooling in 1/48 in time for our BoB build as I want to build one.
Looking forwrad to this one Pete especially after seeing the cracking job u did with the 109 8)
Cheers,
Tony.

will be checking your progress peebs as i have one waiting for the BoB group build, must get some decent decals for it though wonder if i can get Baders markings ?

I also built one of these a little while back, it builds up into a nice little kit. Only thing I found to be wary of is fitting the fuselage onto the wing/cockpit assembly. It can be a little tight and you have to be careful not to damage the pit interior as you lower the fuselage on. It is a very nice little kit for the money though 8)

will be checking your progress peebs as i have one waiting for the BoB group build, must get some decent decals for it though wonder if i can get Baders markings ?

G'day Rochie,

I had a looksee on the net, superscale decal sheet # 48-303 has baders markings

cheers
pete

Nice one Pete! I have the Hasegawa kit and was thinking of building it for the BoB build so it will be interesting to see how the twp kits compare

A question guys,

What colour are the wheel wells? the instructions call for gun metal??

I went with Humbrol 78 Interior Green when I built mine, this seems more likely, and also, the Seafire I built straight after called for that colour in the wheel wells. Not a very scientific answer, I know, anyone know anything to the contrary?

The inside of the undercarriage doors on the Hurricane Mk1 were dull silver, and the wheel wells also, although the latter occassionally could be seen in Sky.

I went with a flat aluminium I had, it should pass for dull silver, especially after a flat clear...

HurrMk1003.jpg

HurrMk1004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back