Airfix 1/72 Junkers Ju 87 B-2 Stuka (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

copcheck

Airman 1st Class
Mar 25, 2011
Clinton Township, MI
Finally got this one done.

It was my most challenging build thus far, but I'm not terribly displeased with the outcome. Some joints were bad, however this is a dated kit and I think I'm spoiled with newer ones.

It won't be my last Stuka and I'm looking forward to using this as a learning project for my next one.

Feedback and advice welcome, I'd like to hear where I can improve.

Thanks,

Jon

Attachments

• Stuka 001.jpg
    Stuka 001.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Stuka 003.jpg
    Stuka 003.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Stuka 004.jpg
    Stuka 004.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Looking very good Jon. But there is something wrong with these tonalities of paints. But it might be because of the camera and light when taking these pictures.

Thanks guys.

The top paints are Model Master RLM 70/71 and the underside is RLM 65.

Viking,

The decals are out of the box, is it the placement that is off or the actual decal?

Thanks again,

Jon

Viking,

The decals are out of the box, is it the placement that is off or the actual decal?

Thanks again,

Jon

Hi John, I think it's the placement that looks a little odd. I'm used to seeing the marking go over the dive brakes, but I'm sure there are variations of it so it's probably fine. Really nice job over all.

I think it looks pretty good Jon. I agree with David on the underside crosses. These were usually placed centered at half chord and would have gone over the dive brakes and about half way between wing tip and wheel.

Attachments

• stu2.jpg
    stu2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 231
Thank you all for the feedback guys.

The underside decal placement is an error with Airfix it appears. If I can I'll scan the instruction sheet so you can see for future reference.

Looks like I've learned a lesson to research rather than rely on the instruction sheet.

Regarding the paint, am I correct with RLM 70/71 topside and RLM 65 under?

That would be correct Jon. The MM paints are pretty good in my opinion but I've found that olive colours come out a bit off on the screen. You should be fine.

Regarding the paint, am I correct with RLM 70/71 topside and RLM 65 under?

Yes you are correct Jon. It is the correct camo scheme for the dive bomber used at the period of time. But neither RLM70 nor RLM71 were of olive tonality. Also the RLM65 was a little bit more of light blue tonality. Your one looks like RLM76 that was more greyish paint.

Anyway I agree with all above. A very nice final effect

Yes you are correct Jon. It is the correct camo scheme for the dive bomber used at the period of time. But neither RLM70 nor RLM71 were of olive tonality. Also the RLM65 was a little bit more of light blue tonality. Your one looks like RLM76 that was more greyish paint.

Anyway I agree with all above. A very nice final effect

Hopefully it is just my camera, 5.2 mp Fuji, nothing special.

As always Wojtek, I appreciate your feedback and help!

Jon

She looks good to me Jon but the decals on the underside jumped at me but chaulked it up to be marginally awake(no coffee) Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back