Airshow and Car show (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Aaron Brooks Wolters

Brigadier General
Jul 28, 2007
Abingdon, VA.
I should have posted this sooner but better late than never.:oops: This Saturday, July 24th, there will be a Air and Car show at the airport here in Abingdon, VA. If I'm not mistaken the gates open at 10:00 AM but I will double check to make sure. Hope to see some of you guys here, Derek, VB.....:)

Go for it Brooks...............
MSN-Emoticon-picture-taking-178.gif

:hotsun: :hotsun:

I should have posted this sooner but better late than never.:oops: This Saturday, July 24th, there will be a Air and Car show at the airport here in Abingdon, VA. If I'm not mistaken the gates open at 10:00 AM but I will double check to make sure. Hope to see some of you guys here, Derek, VB.....:)

Funny you mention...my family going down to VA then, don't know where, but I'm heading to the shore with some friends for a week :(

Pictures!!

Aaron do they gave this every year? If you get me dates for next year I could make it. I have family in VA and wouldn't mind a nice weekend trip!

Ought to ask Charles if he could make it. A great partner at these shows!

Thanks guys. Chris, it is always the first day of the Highlands Festival so I will see what I can find out for next year. It slipped up on me this year and I really regret that because I would love to see you guys here.:( Will definitely make plans for next year. I will PM Derek to make sure he knows also.

Size doesn't matter (thats what my pre-wife says!). So, the next meeting of the East Coast chapter of WW2aircraft.net will be the Highland Festival in VA in July 2011? :)

Size doesn't matter (thats what my pre-wife says!). So, the next meeting of the East Coast chapter of WW2aircraft.net will be the Highland Festival in VA in July 2011? :)

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4: Chris

My dad said get the info (which I have, dunno what he's talking about!) and said he can't give a definite answer but he'd like to go if we're not busy!

My photos are being downloaded as I type this. I went through a gallon and a half of water and 3 Diet Cokes today so I stayed plenty hydrated but I am beat. The temps 97 degrees F and the humidity was about 80 percent so it was HOT. The plane turn out was not as large this year but there were some really neat aircraft. We had the P-51 Quick Silver again, the T-6 Texan Paradise, a PT-19, a PT-17, a Waco byplane, two Pit Specials, the L-19, T-34B,and T-28C of Bryan Carlton's. There were remote control jets that were simply outstanding and the four skydivers made 3 jumps. I did not get as many shots as I would have liked but it was pretty busy today. Terry had invited me to the pilots banquet last night so I had a lot of fun there listening to all of the stories. And I owe Bryan and Terry a big THANK YOU for putting up with me today. Guys, I had a blast, thank you again for your hospitality. I will post some shots when I have had some time to go over them but for now I need to find a nice cool spot and pass out for a while.:thumbright: :cool:

This is shaping up to be THE show for 2011! We have to get Steve and Charles involved!! Might have to do a new banner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back