Allies Aces in Two (or more) Theatres...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

max_vale

Recruit
Aug 18, 2011
Hello one and all; I'm brand new to these boards but I've always had a major interest in the air war of WW2. I have a subject that I haven't been able to gather much info on over the past few years....in essence; my main question is:

Does anybody know of any Allied pilots that becames Aces (or even close to it) in more than one Theatre (Europe, Pacific, CBI, MTO) of the war? I know of John Landers (6 in PTO, 8.5 in ETO); but I don't know of any others. I know of some pilots that flew in multiple theatres (Gabreski being at Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th, some of the Flying Tigers later flying over Europe, etc.).....but what of the pilots who had significant scores in multiple theatres?

I know numerous German pilots scored on multiple fronts (breaking this down into Western Europe; Eastern Europe and MTO); and I'm guessing there HAD to be some UK (and affliated nations such as Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa, etc.) pilots that racked up some scores over England and/or France and/or Norway in the first couple of years and then moved onto the MTO or PTO. Does anybody have any names and/or scores?

Thanks!

-Max

Ginger Lacey, and Jas Storrar are at least two from the RAF. 'Ginger' served in the BoB and ETO, then in the Far East. 'Jas' in BoB, ETO, Middle East and back to ETO. There are quite a few more !

Frank Carey, RAF. Something like 20 claims during the Battle of France and Battle of Britain, as well as about 7 claims in Burma against the Japanese.

EDIT: Henry Wallace Mcleod, RCAF (ETO and Malta)

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much! I remembered Caldwell after seeing the name mentioned in the above post; but the other names are new to me; thanks!

Any Americans that anybody knows about; besides Landers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back