Allison J33 -A-24 Info

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 19, 2024
Hello all, I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone would be will to share some knowledge with me.
My father left my brothers and me some land in his will and on the property are numerous J33 turbo jet engines. Some have been uncovered while others are in very large metal containers.
Is there a market for engines like these? Do they still serve a purpose or can they be used for parts?
Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance and have a blessed day.

It really depends on which make/model and condition they are in, repairable or scrap metal. Allison J33 - Wikipedia

There's only one T2V registered with the FAA. Aircraft Photo of N447TV / 144735 | Lockheed T-1A Seastar | USA - Navy | AirHistory.net #316035 (As all of the photos are 10+ years old, not sure if it is still flying.) If the A-24 is specific only to that one airframe there aren't many customers. If able to fit other airframes that's a plus, but still very limited. Perhaps a museum would want one.

A quick Google search for J33 Overhaul doesn't really pull up anything. You could google Turbine Engine Overhaul and call any jet engine shop, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Here's a couple to contact,
Maddex Turbines

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back