Am I the only one ....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

silence

Senior Airman
Nov 20, 2012
Yuba City, California
who somehow manages to "misplace" at least one piece from each model kit I work on, and typically only after I have it properly painted??

My uncanny ability to do this borders on the ridiculous.

As someone who has studied the universe and its workings for many years I have found that:
Inanimate objects have the ability to dissappear with no warning
Inanimate objects have the ability to move just enough to get in your way
An object dropped from the workbench will fall so as to do the most damage or (see #1)
Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner or (see #1)

Although I have lost a part now and then, it's very rare. But I have certainly been affected by the aura of 'Ping !'.
That's the strange, mysterious force which, when one is in the middle of a delicate operation in modelling, normally involving a small part which will be difficult to scratch-build, suddenly, and for no reason known to man - 'Ping !' - and said part disappears, never to be seen again !

I think when I replace my carpeting, I am going to find enough pieces to biuld 30 models, of course they will all be equiped with the left main landing gear only.

Funny thing is, my photoetch is sometimes lost in the carpet, so I scratchbuild the part and use it on the model. Then later I'll find it after making the same model aircraft (like if I'm making a 109, I'll find the photoetch while making a totally different 109 :D) lol

Without cutting it out of the sprue I managed to lose the the wing joint for the Stoof that allows me to build it with the wings extended. Sooooooooo.....................I'll just take the two pieces for the folded wing build and file'em down till the fit in the extended wing.

Make a new wing root that accepts that other part, so you don't have to sand it down ! :D = more awesome work :D hahaha :)

Thank you all for sharing. I find that it has been most therapeutic to realize that I am not the only one suffering from this awful disease.

Members of MA (Modelers Anonymous), let the healing begin!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back