Amazon Cargo Plane Overshoots Runway

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I watched Captain Steeeve's most recent video. He has many thousands of hours in the same 767. With the CVR transcript, he went through how many points in the approach called for a mandatory go-round. I think he counted 11 times. At points in the video he was almost apoplectic. He wants to know who trained these two pilots and if there were red flags in their records, and I'm sure he's not the only one.
 
Greg of the YouTube channel "Greg's airplanes and automobiles" (probably well known here) also had a video about this. Apparently he flew that exact airplane and similar cargo flights into Miami. Quite interesting observations and conclusions by an experienced pilot, by now confirmed by the NTSB publications during the last days.
Blancolirio also made similar remarks.

Here is an interesting resource,
somebody made a 3d model of the crash situation annotated with fotos (NTSB) also the recorded flightpath (POV plane) overlayed with ATC audio
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back