American history in Hanoi's Vietnam Army Museum

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Collin1, i am certainly an old war-horse who has seen too much so forgiving and forgetting is not part of my make-up. such "museums" displaying trophies to killed americans do not sit very well with me. how fellow americans can support such place is well beyond my comprehension. it was difficult not to develop a certain amount of respect for the VC but the NVA were out for conquest pure and simple by any means including wholesale slaughter of anyone who might oppose them. mass graves of such murdered people were found everywhere they took control. A grave site in Hue after Tet contained well over 5,000 murdered people.
My uncle who fought the Jappanese in WWII and witnessed their atrocities also could never forgive or forget.

Looked more like a display of captured/destroyed weapons of a slain enemy than a museum, to me; less of a "here's what the horrors of war look like, so lets learn from this" museum and more of a "hahaha, we won!" mockery. 'Course, that could just be because I really don't get modern art. Civilized countries typically search out and restore relics of the past, not display their death.

Looked more like a display of captured/destroyed weapons of a slain enemy than a museum, to me; less of a "here's what the horrors of war look like, so lets learn from this" museum and more of a "hahaha, we won!" mockery. 'Course, that could just be because I really don't get modern art. Civilized countries typically search out and restore relics of the past, not display their death.

Hmm, it kind of looked like that to me too. I wonder how they'd feel if we stacked up remains of Mig-21 'Fishbeds' from the NVAF?

Heh...there'd be international outcries, a bunch of special interest groups crying "foul!", and condemnation around the world. Cuz...you know...we started it all. We always start it all.:rolleyes:

Heh, or better yet, slap this photo on the front of the building. I'm sure their historians will know who this guy is.

020925-O-9999G-104.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back