American Soldier livng in Germany...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

irshcountry

Recruit
Oct 15, 2008
Hi all... names Lane. I love this place soo far, everyones real great! I've lived in Germany for about 2 years now. I have always been fascinated in WWII areial combat, playing Air Warrior for many years back in the mid 90s.

My question is: Ive been looking online to find out how to meet german aces still alive... most notably Gunther Rall and Erich Rudroffer. If anyone can help thanks. I dont have MUCH time though, my unit is getting ready for deployment again and would just like to meet someone and pick there brain a little.

Lane

Welcome aboard, irshcountry!

There's some folks here who are in your neck of the woods that'll be able to lend a hand. They'll probably be along shortly.

I'm a former Air Warrior gamer, too...spent many long nights in the 'arena myself, callsign was Zerstorer and later GrauGeist :thumbright:

Welcome Irish and my thanks for your service. I know one member who would love to chat with you. He should be along soon.

Welcome Irsh!
I´m in touch with Willi Reschke, former member of JG301/302. Late war ace with 27 kills. He´s one of two gentlemans in my signature picture, first from left. Google for his name and if you wanna get in touch with him let me know and I´d PM you his address. He lives near Erfurt.
Aces of the Luftwaffe - Willi Reschke
Warbird Photo Album - Willi Reschke
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/willi-reschke-s-g-august-29th-1944-a-9055.html
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you stationed at in Germany?

I was a Blackhawk Crew Chief stationed in Ansbach, Germany from 2000 to 2006. I got out of the Army in 2006 and still live in Ansbach working for the US Army.

Oh yes, Air Warrior. My sign was Roadr for the longest time, then was ->JUG with the widow makers then back to roadr. I want to get back into Gaming, hearing great things about Aces High 2.

Anyways, I have met some aces while I was in the states. Had the GREAT pleasure of meeting Francis Gabreski(spelling) in 2000 before he passed.

Its just great to find a site that has my passion for WWII aircraft. You can expect to see me alot more with alot of posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back