An introduction from a new member, and fellow enthusiast.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bytor

Recruit
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
A good day to all the members of this fine board, which I discovered only a couple of days ago. I'm an aircraft fanatic like you all seem to be, so I feel I'm going to like this place.

Now, for my background. I'm retired U.S. Army, all that time was spent in the maintenance of AH-1, AH-64, and OH-58D Armament and Avionics systems. My favorite of those aircraft will have to be the AH-1. (Sorry Apache fans, the Cobra still rules.) I'm still involved in the maintenance of Army aircraft as a contractor.

I've always been more interested in WWII aircraft, which I attribute to my Father, who told me stories of the aircraft he saw overhead as he fought through Europe in those dark days.

I built many models when I was younger, until life, girls, and the Army made me stop. It's a hobby that I have recently started up again, although the newest kits these days are much more incredibly detailed than the old kits I started on. The parts are smaller and more delicate also, so these aging eyes and less precise hands make it even more challenging to build a good model.

My favorite WWII aircraft is the P-47, followed closely by the F4U. Sorry Mustang lovers, I think they're the best.

Wow, a little more long winded than most introductions I'll bet, but once I start typing I can't stop sometimes.

Once again, good day to all and I hope I can stick around and be helpful in any way.

Thanks

Bytor! And the Snow Dog! Prepare for battle. Let the games begin!

[Sorry I'm a Rush fanatic]

Welcome.

Ahh Rush. New Year's eve circa 1975/6. Got my ears blasted off at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. The concert was an exact word-for-word duplicate of the All the World's a Stage album. I think I feel a zit growing....

Ahh Rush. New Year's eve circa 1975/6. Got my ears blasted off at Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto. The concert was an exact word-for-word duplicate of the All the World's a Stage album. I think I feel a zit growing....

I can never forget Sept 25, 1980. Same day John Bonham died and they did a tribute during the concert. Awesome! "Red Barchetta" my favorite.

Oh, sorry bytor, hijacking the thread. :)

sign0016.gif

G'day bytor, welcome to the forum glad to have you on board.

happy0120.gif
happy0120.gif

Thank you all for the welcome.

And yes, you've found me out. I'm also a Rush fan, from way back in the '70s when I was slightly younger. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back