Angelina Jolie to Direct Actor Jack O'Connell in World War II Film Unbroken

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

vikingBerserker

Lieutenant General
Apr 10, 2009
South Carolina
from
Angelina Jolie to Direct Jack O'Connell in World War II Film Unbroken - UsMagazine.com

Angelina Jolie is a woman on the go! The actress, activist, and mother-of-six will be donning a director's cap once more this fall after confirming that her sophomore directorial effort, Unbroken, has both a distributor and a lead, British actor Jack O'Connell.

Jolie, 37, will begin filming for the World War II-era drama this fall, and was seen scouting for locations in Hawaii as recently as Monday, July 8.

The film will also have some major Hollywood writing muscle behind it. Oscar winners Joel and Ethan Coen -- who took home the top prize for No Country for Old Men in 2008 -- will be adapting the script, based on a novel by Seabiscuit author Laura Hillenbrand called Unbroken: A World War II Story of Surivival, Resilience, and Redemption.

Jolie's first film was 2011's In the Land of Blood and Honey, which told the story of Danijel, a soldier fighting for the Serbs in the Bosnian War.

The tale will follow the life story of Olympian and war hero Louis "Louis" Zamperini (O'Connell) as he survives a fatal plane crash aboard a raft for 47 days before being captured by the Japanese Navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.

"I've had the privilege of spending a great deal of time with Louie Zamperini, who is a hero of mine, and now -- I am proud to say -- a dear friend," the actress said in a statement, according to Yahoo News. "I am deeply honored to be telling his extraordinary story, and I will do my absolute best to give him the film he deserves. I am grateful to Universal for making this film a priority."

Sounds interesting, but maybe a 'wait and see'. And that's amazing - surviving a fatal plane crash! Must have come back to life .....

Fatal only means someone died as a result of the crash... must of been a bummer for the person the plane landed on. :)

Apparently, too, he was never reported as having been captured: he was bureaucratically dead after he was released. Bureaucracies, considering things like a live person as disputable evidence, took a while to correct their error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back