another... 1\48 Fw 190

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sturmbock44

Banned
Nov 5, 2012
California
He is a Tamiya Fw-190 F-8 . This scheme is of a particular F-8 thats pretty popular, photographed standing on nose in a scrap heap. Here is my idea of what she looked like before she was scrapped. Top was painted in RLM 81 \ 83 , slightly lightened , then some post shading in the same color without any white. RLM 76 lightened was used for the sky\snow color, it appeared very light almost white in the photos. Fuselage sides where painted with a 76 that i added a greenish hue to represent the later war scheme. tail appeared to be very light so i left it regular RLM 76 . Some not all of a verlinden detail set was used to open up gun bays and panels. This kit started life 8 or more years ago ... was supposed to be the natural metal finish F-8 "black 3" , anywho i was young and ruined the paint so i put her up in a box and off to storage she went. about a 6 months ago i got her out and stripped the paint and finished her as "yellow 14".
i didnt really go overboard on detailing because the more i handled and tried the more bad things started to happen so im calling it done moving on.Also i realized lately dont start a detail project if your not going to detail the crap out of it . so i just tried to finish what i as a dumb kid without killing myself. i may add brake lines and antenna wire when i find a good method that looks good but other than that im happy with it. the verlinden set seemed like good as a kid but so much needs to be done to really detail it properly.
bombenginside.jpg
bombview.jpg
bottomside.jpg
close top.jpg
cowlclose.jpg
enginedetial.jpg
Fw190rearBetter.jpg
panelsideclose.jpg
panelsiderear.jpg
Rearside.jpg
top.jpg
top panel.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys ! thanks for the kind words . of all the things if posted i been waiting for some guy to tell me "nice try" lol! great group on this forum.

Well then, it was a nice try........... and you succeeded!

Glad I could make you feel at ease.... Hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back