Another WWI Vet died

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I believe Christian that Harry was the very last WW1 vet from any nation there are no more left that saw action in the great war so with Harrys passing the only acounts are those that have been recorded, his death is very significant
hence it being the lead news story on the BBC
so long Harry and all the WW1 vets that went before you :salute:

I believe Christian that Harry was the very last WW1 vet from any nation there are no more left that saw action in the great war so with Harrys passing the only acounts are those that have been recorded, his death is very significant
hence it being the lead news story on the BBC
so long Harry and all the WW1 vets that went before you :salute:
I didn't know he was the last one....R.I.P:salute:

It's very sad to know that these men are almost all gone.
List of surviving veterans of World War I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

R.I.P. Mr. Patch.
136258.gif

You've earned it for sure.

Wheels

Last edited:
I stand corrected, done a bit of searching and there are 3 vets left Frank Buckles an ambulance driver, John Babcock who was still in training at the end of the war Claude Choules a sailor who wittnessed the German fleet scuttling at Scapper

So Harry was the last man to fight on the western front in the trenches not the last serviceman

What once was memory passes into history.......But RIP Harry, seems amazing that you look at all those old WW1 photos and know every last man is no longer with us. However unlike say the Napoleonic wars we have a great deal of information from the ordinary soldier as well as countless pictures, films etc. So I don't think it will ever be forgotten or pass into myth in quite the same way :salute:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back